A Bielefelder Thread !

Oh oh ... Someone's been messing around ;-)

Congratulations ! A lovely family!

Yeah, all my birds free-range together right now so there's a lot of mixed relations.
wink.png

Sunday, April 10th, I heard my first crow. But they are only ONE month old on that day!.. two days later, I heard a second trying...

Somebody's voice is changing.. pretty early I'm thinking...

He does remind me of a kazoo! pretty cool!

Sunday, April 10th, I heard my first crow. But they are only ONE month old on that day!.. two days later, I heard a second trying...

Somebody's voice is changing.. pretty early I'm thinking...

He does remind me of a kazoo! pretty cool!

My biggest Biel rooster, Hansel, started "kazooing" at 3 weeks old. I honestly didn't know what was happening when he first started and kept searching everywhere for the source of that bizarre noise. Now that big boy stands outside the bathroom window and 'serenades' me when I shower, LOL!

Has anyone had a male Biele this light?

It has to be a Biele, but I never hatched one this light.

I got a female with my 1st hatch & a male with my second. What I didn't expect was how many infertile eggs I would get. My friend's roo must be overworked. OR He must prefer the black sex link hens. Half the hens are BSL & half are pure Bieles. Only roo is a Biele, but
Trial 1: 12 eggs set, 4 mixes & 1 pure .... (3 pure Bieles developed but died before pipping)
Trial 2: 7 eggs set, 2 mixes & 1 pure (one ? still waiting to see if it hatches)

I have a very light boy too!

I've been reading these Bielie posts about the different variations in colors. I was wondering if the reason there can be different variations is because of the throwback genetics of the original breeds used to create the Bielies in the beginning? I mean, if 2 or 3 breeds were crossed to create autosexing breeds -- maybe some of the original genes of those breeds pop up once in a while in the following generations?

Has anyone had a male Biele this light?

It has to be a Biele, but I never hatched one this light.

I got a female with my 1st hatch & a male with my second. What I didn't expect was how many infertile eggs I would get. My friend's roo must be overworked. OR He must prefer the black sex link hens. Half the hens are BSL & half are pure Bieles. Only roo is a Biele, but
Trial 1: 12 eggs set, 4 mixes & 1 pure .... (3 pure Bieles developed but died before pipping)
Trial 2: 7 eggs set, 2 mixes & 1 pure (one ? still waiting to see if it hatches)

I hope you keep posting photos of this little guy as he develops. I'm curious to see if there's any difference in his adult coloring as well.

I'm still trying to figure out where the feathered shanks came from on my new little boy. Mama Lily won't allow me to get close enough to check out the boy's comb. If he has a cushion comb instead of a single comb then the problem is solved, but if not....
idunno.gif

I hope you keep posting photos of this little guy as he develops. I'm curious to see if there's any difference in his adult coloring as well.

I'm still trying to figure out where the feathered shanks came from on my new little boy. Mama Lily won't allow me to get close enough to check out the boy's comb. If he has a cushion comb instead of a single comb then the problem is solved, but if not....
idunno.gif
I had one of my girls hatch with some feathered down on her legs. It's gone now at 6 weeks old. I wonder if it's just a chick trait? Obviously it could show up on adults too if not culled for.

I was at the breeders meeting today, and they told me that this trait comes from the Malines heritage of the Bielefelder. Coucou de Malines were used in the creation of the Bielefelder for better meat and barred feathers... so your chick may have it's greatgrandmom's legs.

Moved my chickies outside finally.

My prettiest boy is front and center. The back left boy is a close second for niceness. What do you all think?

Back
Top Bottom