A Bielefelder Thread !

Does he look full-blooded to anyone? I should have tagged him when he was younger. I'm not sure now.

To me, I would say 3/4. Color looks a little off. Color and patterns change as they age. Something just doesn't look quite right to me.

Agreed...1/2 to 3/4. His color is too golden red to be pure. He's very pretty though!

Ok... that's what I was thinking also. I have a couple of sex link hens and I figured he is out of one of them. He will be removed from main flock then.
Yes, he is beautiful and will be BIG once he fills out.
Thanks for the input

Here is a picture of my Bielefelder rooster over black sex linked hens offspring(ignore the 1 bielefelder hen that has slipped in there). 1 of the black sex linked hens had a white patch on her chest. That is where the white colored rooster came from. There where 2 white roosters and 1 black rooster. These hens are good layers and lay my biggest eggs.

I bred the white rooster to these hens. Offspring are just the opposite of their parents. Hens are white and roosters are black.

Nice...I have a Maran Biel cross that looks similar to those. I haven't marked young'uns yet. But I think that white chicks are the roosters from the sexlink cross. I have a red sexlink and a gold. I also have 7 crosses that are 2 months old that I'll post pics of.

Last edited:
Crossbred chickens often make better chickens then their purebred parents. I have some Bielefelder crossbreds( intentialyy crossbred) I wouldn't take any amount of money for.

I agree 1000% with this! I have a bantam-sized Biel/Silkie cross that is cute as a button and is laying 1.8 ounce eggs six days per week. I look at those eggs and the size of her body and wonder how she does it without being terribly cranky, LOL!

And my Biel/NN crossed girls are two of my absolute favorites. Not only are they much more heat tolerant, but they began laying much earlier in life and give me gorgeous dark eggs that are growing exponentially in size every week...and they're big meaty girls too.

Back
Top Bottom