A Bielefelder Thread !

First hatching done - even with detached and saddled air cells, no thanks to the USPS, I had a 90% hatch rate with 10 chicks - three males

View attachment 1307847 and seven females! So happy, but now I will be inundated with Bielefelders. In a panic, I ordered 10 more hatching eggs, plus Omega Hills Farm shipped me an additional 5 when they found out about the damaged box. Yikes!

Wow! Those are great numbers! Much better than mine, I have 2 females and 4 males. IF anyone in the Pa/NJ/Md area wants one for breeding or fun, I'd be more than happy to share.

First hatching done - even with detached and saddled air cells, no thanks to the USPS, I had a 90% hatch rate with 10 chicks - three males

View attachment 1307847 and seven females! So happy, but now I will be inundated with Bielefelders. In a panic, I ordered 10 more hatching eggs, plus Omega Hills Farm shipped me an additional 5 when they found out about the damaged box. Yikes!

Nice! :D Don't worry, if you spend like five minutes a day petting them and stuff they'll be the friendliest chickens you'll ever have. I am in love with my babies, one of the boys is the cutest little thing. :gig :love

I swear my bieles are the friendliest birds I've had, and I tell everyone they act like cats... I have to show them proof before they believe it though!
20170724_120951.jpg "Romeo"
20170810_071805.jpg "Rose"
"Buzz"

Love the photos and can't wait to have some adults like yours. :love I think you are right, the dog does feel neglected and will probably resort to wearing a feather boa for attention! Thanks for sharing...

Hey thanks! He is a great rooster and she is the sweetest hen. He lost the points of his comb to frost bite this past winter. It was a HUGE comb, but he still looks great to me.

Oh, that's too bad about the frost bite, even in North Alabama? Makes me wonder what mine will look like next spring... well, he wears it well...

They're getting so big... :love They're getting a bit more independent, but whenever they get scared they come running to me. :gig

20180325_154332.jpg

Back
Top Bottom