A Bielefelder Thread !

Little update to jumpstart the thread again.

The monday right after Thanksgiving, my boy Eddy died. :hit Totally random, seemingly for no cause, but I wasn't at home that weekend so I don't know what the heck happened. I think he may have swallowed a small screw or piece of metal, and from the research I did I think he may have. I didn't think of that until right after I buried him though, of course. :rolleyes:
Heck I'm gonna miss him. He was the best rooster I've ever had, no question about it. I couldn't recommend them higher - super chill, protective but not overbearing of the girls, loved them all so so much - AND he'd sit on my lap and let me pick him up. :lol: I put a dozen eggs in the incubator today, hoping I'll get a son from him. :fl

Little update to jumpstart the thread again.

The monday right after Thanksgiving, my boy Eddy died. :hit Totally random, seemingly for no cause, but I wasn't at home that weekend so I don't know what the heck happened. I think he may have swallowed a small screw or piece of metal, and from the research I did I think he may have. I didn't think of that until right after I buried him though, of course. :rolleyes:
Heck I'm gonna miss him. He was the best rooster I've ever had, no question about it. I couldn't recommend them higher - super chill, protective but not overbearing of the girls, loved them all so so much - AND he'd sit on my lap and let me pick him up. :lol: I put a dozen eggs in the incubator today, hoping I'll get a son from him. :fl
:hugs Sorry for your loss. We had the same thing happen to our sweet Biele Boy. He was a very large, beautiful, healthy young cockerel who died unexpectedly one fall. In our case the only thing I could think of was the weather. We got a few days of upper 90'f temps. Very unusual for that time of year & all the fans were already in storage.
IMG_2482 copy.jpg

:hugs Sorry for your loss. We had the same thing happen to our sweet Biele Boy. He was a very large, beautiful, healthy young cockerel who died unexpectedly one fall. In our case the only thing I could think of was the weather. We got a few days of upper 90'f temps. Very unusual for that time of year & all the fans were already in storage.
View attachment 1606212
:hugs
Daaaaang that's a big boy :0

We had a pretty successful Bielefelder hatch. We had 8 Bielefelder (7 pullets and 1 cockerel), 2 Bielefelder/deleware crosses and 2 Bielefelder/new hampshire reds

Attachments

• IMG_5580.JPG
    IMG_5580.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5583.JPG
    IMG_5583.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5608.JPG
    IMG_5608.JPG
    634.4 KB · Views: 19
Did anyone see that Murray Mcmurray will be selling Bielefelder next year in 2019?
Sorry to just jump in. I've been lurking since I am only gathering info.

Ooh I didn't see that. :0 I don't really trust McMurray as far as quality goes, personally, but maybe since this'll be their first generation they'll look good.

Well it's happened!
I bought some eggs (16) off ebay, now 7 months later all the pullets have white earlobes. If anyone is interested I can post pics tomorrow. This means I'll have to cull the lot. I thought they looked small but it's been almost 3 years since my first Bielefelders were this young...the earlobes proved my suspicion right. I'll be leaving a message with the seller; not much they can do for me, but IF this is a mistake on their part, maybe they won't sell any more and look into their line of birds.

Well it's happened!
I bought some eggs (16) off ebay, now 7 months later all the pullets have white earlobes. If anyone is interested I can post pics tomorrow. This means I'll have to cull the lot. I thought they looked small but it's been almost 3 years since my first Bielefelders were this young...the earlobes proved my suspicion right. I'll be leaving a message with the seller; not much they can do for me, but IF this is a mistake on their part, maybe they won't sell any more and look into their line of birds.

Please do post pictures. Did the EBay seller state which lines the eggs came from?

Back
Top Bottom