A BIG MEAN PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't use a chicken helmet. Can you give her a special area where no one else will be? It could be in the coop, just make sure she can't get out and has plenty of space. I think it would be tough on her to be separated from other chickens.
I do have an old coop but, any predator can get in it. She used to live in there temporay with a few guineas. Now the guineas are dead and shes heartbroken. Everyday when I let her out of the coop she runs to see if her guinea freinds came back its so sad. :( When the guineas were in there it was a more secure coop but, now its old and broke.

Hahaha um... I have tossed a chicken in there and it was accepted i have done that many time actually. I will set up a box or something for her and hopefully it works fingers crossed
Im sorry, I dont feel a cat carrier is ok. That is cruel. You should expand the silkie coop, and add a nesting box or two. Whatever is needed. She is picked on and probably will continue to be. If she's ok with the silkies, I would expand the coop they are in. Just my thoughts. I feel the cat carrier is cruel to the chicken.. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a box like that. Van you make a fenced area just for her, to attempt introduction, if that's what you feel you need to do? Otherwise I would leave her. Shes been through enough, from the sounds of it.

I will put her in a cat carrier. How long do I keep her in it until I can let her join the barred rocks?

Will she be able to stand up in a cat carrier?

I would give her at MINIMUM 2 square feet and 2' tall so she can move. Bigger would be much better because she will require food and water too.

I use a 2'x4'x2' tall brooder box I made when I need to segregate a bird.

It can take literally WEEKS before she is accepted.

Good advice @aart. Thanks. I would have a mod close this thread before it gets out of hand, though.
No need to bother the mods. I don't see any rules being broken. Maybe we can just, idk, handle this ourselves? Since there isn't really anything to handle anyway? I'm confused, what exactly would the role of moderation be in this case? If they closed every thread that didn't end up being informational, they would never sleep!! LOL just gotta take the great threads (there are MANY) with the...not super great threads. Tis' the nature of le forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom