A BIG MEAN PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Feb 22, 2021
My Coop
My Coop
My chicken Dove is a White Leghorn. She was pecked bloody on the head a few months ago by the Leghorn flock. They all teamed up on her I found her laying on her side :( don't worry she is healed now but, theres a different problem. Currently she lives with my silkys which was ok until she woudn't let anyone in the nesting box. There is no way to put more nesting boxes of any kind in the silky coop so she has to go back to the leghorn coop. The thing is I had to cut the feathers of her head to dress her wound. The feathers have not grown back if I put her in the Leghorn they will hurt her again. Is there ANY way I could make head protection for her any answers would be greatly appreciated thankyou to all who help.

20210322_134919.jpg 20210322_134924.jpg 20210322_134907.jpg

I wouldn't use a chicken helmet. Can you give her a special area where no one else will be? It could be in the coop, just make sure she can't get out and has plenty of space. I think it would be tough on her to be separated from other chickens.
I do have an old coop but, any predator can get in it. She used to live in there temporay with a few guineas. Now the guineas are dead and shes heartbroken. Everyday when I let her out of the coop she runs to see if her guinea freinds came back its so sad. :( When the guineas were in there it was a more secure coop but, now its old and broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom