A BIG MEAN PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Feb 22, 2021
My Coop
My Coop
My chicken Dove is a White Leghorn. She was pecked bloody on the head a few months ago by the Leghorn flock. They all teamed up on her I found her laying on her side :( don't worry she is healed now but, theres a different problem. Currently she lives with my silkys which was ok until she woudn't let anyone in the nesting box. There is no way to put more nesting boxes of any kind in the silky coop so she has to go back to the leghorn coop. The thing is I had to cut the feathers of her head to dress her wound. The feathers have not grown back if I put her in the Leghorn they will hurt her again. Is there ANY way I could make head protection for her any answers would be greatly appreciated thankyou to all who help.

20210322_134919.jpg 20210322_134924.jpg 20210322_134907.jpg

It seems to me if your birds are routinely getting injured maybe the "just toss them in"method ain't workin so well?

It is not that hard to make a section of coop blocked off. Even cardboard could work if you are creative. Each time you play musical coops you are unnecessarily stressing your birds, seemingly quite often to the point they lash out and injure each other.

MANY people have success with the see but don't touch method. Seems like trying it would be a whole lot easier than moving birds around all the time and treating injuries. Good luck!

I asked for a pic of the whole flock. It doesn’t matter if they aren’t injured, I would just like to see all of them, as I’m sure many others would.
Guessing too small a space they don't want to show.
Sometimes ya just gotta move along when someone doesn't really want help to solve a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom