A bounty of worms

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I was just outside enjoying the rare sunshine along with my chooks. One girl was working hard in a dirt hole all by herself. I watched as she slurped up 11 worms!!
These aren't the big red worms. They're smaller and black, but still 11 of them??? Where do they put them all?

I'm surprised she wasn't spotted by one of the other...Only to have to run because the others were chases her with one of the worms in her mouth.....They do love worms once they "get it"

Quote:
That's generally how it is, playing keepaway. Today though they are all pretty busy with their own bounties.

Just got my worms in today (trying vermicomposting), and gave one to the girls. I could have watched the game of worm keep away all afternoon!

11 worms? That IS impressive!
ep.gif
Maybe your chick has a hollow leg?
wink.png

Who did you get your worms from?what kind are they? could you tell us about them?how you do them?etc?
Anyone think of another question i can ask ? (LOL)

Thanks i'm just trying to be funny but i do want to know all about your worms as i've thought about doing them

Shannon

Quote:

Do you log on to BYC's sister site (The Easy Gardener)? I'm posting a bunch of pics,steps,materials etc over there (working on it tonight). Check it out!
yippiechickie.gif

(I'm not hard to find over there...same log in name).

Back
Top Bottom