A Box of Monsters

This is sounding really familiar...🤔 Hmm.

So THAT'S how I ended up with nearly 20 "regular chickens" (for fresh eggs), an assortment of "petting chickens" (because who doesn't want to pet a pretty bird), two, correction,  one travel-sized "purse chickens" er, chicken" (because Banty chickens are only half a chicken..and that would be weird to have 25 & 1/2 chickens), one "show chicken" (decorative purposes only), and, of course, my own "personal pet chicken" Sunspot!
(Thinking...)
Nope, not a single superfluous chicken! Every single one is crucial to my flock, especially the decorative one. 😁
See now... I don't have any purely decorative, show or purse size... Yet... It's good to know Bantams only count in pairs. 🤔

This little monster is Buffy the BO. Don't roll your eyes at the name! She is actually named after my grandparents' wonderful dog who helped raise me. She's also the friendliest of the bunch, the only one who asks to get on my lap to cuddle and whistle at me.
20220721_104043~2.jpg

Next up are Daphne and Velma. They are best buddies.

Daphne is the sentry and does an excellent job of sounding the alarm whenever anything suspicious happens... Like cars driving by 100 feet away.

20220701_183802~2.jpg

Velma is the smallest. She's fairly friendly but mostly when there's food involved.

20220701_183539~2.jpg

Last of the big girls, but never least, is Olive. Feel free to roll your eyes this time. We intended to give her a better name but never did.

Olive is the head honcho of our operation. Her leadership skills were obvious from the day we brought her home: pushy and bossy. Unlike the animated game bird she resembles, she is not angry but uses her angry eyebrows to communicate how serious life is.

20220701_183913.jpg

Last of the big girls, but never least, is Olive. Feel free to roll your eyes this time. We intended to give her a better name but never did.

Olive is the head honcho of our operation. Her leadership skills were obvious from the day we brought her home: pushy and bossy. Unlike the animated game bird she resembles, she is not angry but uses her angry eyebrows to communicate how serious life is.

View attachment 3195956
Maybe Olive is trying to look for Popeye?

Back
Top Bottom