A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

We processed our extra tom today since it's supposedly the last nice day that were going to have. He dressed out apps 16 lbs. He's going to be our Christmas turkey and hopefully we'll be some good eating :)

What did the dead turkey weigh?

I have a lapper, Actually two. But they are not turkeys. They are pullets. A Cream Legbar and a speckled Sussex.

I was getting the chickens ready for the show tomorrow, (if the blizzard subsides a tad.)

I did nothing with these two They live in a cage with 2 white legbars. As I was getting ready to leave the SS trying to crawl up the door/cage side to get to me. I stopped and opened the door to pet them and the SS jumped out and crawled up me to perch on my shoulder. The CLB jumped into my other arm and just sat there.

They have been extremely friendly for a while, but this is the first time they went to my shoulder to perch.

The white legbars are just huddling at the back of the cage scared to death, wondering what is wrong with these two,

I did not let any birds out today. Way to nasty here.

Nice looking bird Aurora! Who was it? One of the mottled?

Ralph...not surprised the Sussex is a lapper...but wow... the creamette surprises me! What are you taking to the show? Sure hope you go!!

Was wondering if you changed you mind about Adam. :lol:

Tis the season....everyone is teasing me about my girls. :rolleyes:

Was wondering if you changed you mind about Adam. :lol:

Tis the season....everyone is teasing me about my girls. :rolleyes:

I am so ready to. When I had him seperated, the rest of the flock was so easy to work with. When I said become, they walked right in. But Adam didn't like being seperated so he broke out. Romeo didn't even want to come off the roost this morning :/ As soon as I get some bourbon buff babies from him, he's GONE!

Back
Top Bottom