A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Every day, Adam is tempting his fate a little more. Today, he openly tried to attack me. I got wing slapped across the face. His time is running short. I'm very tempted to just hope that out of the 17 eggs in the bator I get another red tom. The clock is ticking against him and if this keeps up, he's going to find himself in the freezer MUCH sooner than anticipated. Romeo knows he's not tough enough to beat Adam but he's happy to tag team with me when I have to grab him and pin him down. Things are going to be so peaceful once Adam is gone.

Last edited:
Would love to go on a road trip! But if I did I would probably come home to a burnt down house or at least a totally trashed house and then have to clean for a week to get back to normal again!! It's a nice dream though...
no I don't have an incubator yet. Plus I didn't think I should try till I have a tom right? Our only tom was the first turkey we got last spring. A gorgeous blue slate that got killed trying to run off a skunk. Horrible thing. Had no idea skunks did that but saw it all on security camera we have pointed at their pen. So I'm planning to find a young tom as soon as spring hits.

Talk to Feedman. He gad a gorgeous blue palm. He's probably not far from you. He also just got a nice trio of Bourbons. I think what Ralph was saying is to take your kids with you to visit Feedman & leave them! :D

Would love to go on a road trip! But if I did I would probably come home to a burnt down house or at least a totally trashed house and then have to clean for a week to get back to normal again!! It's a nice dream though...
no I don't have an incubator yet. Plus I didn't think I should try till I have a tom right? Our only tom was the first turkey we got last spring. A gorgeous blue slate that got killed trying to run off a skunk. Horrible thing. Had no idea skunks did that but saw it all on security camera we have pointed at their pen. So I'm planning to find a young tom as soon as spring hits.
hit.gif
I didn't think a skunk would take on a turkey.. how old was he?

He was young. Not even 6 months yet. The Skunk got in the coop and trod tried to get the chickens but he chargered them and the turkey ran i between and tried to draw its attention. That worked for the chickens but not the turkey.

I have not noticed a lot of difference, but my RP toms are more aggressive than my other Toms.  I think that could just be chance and the luck of the draw.

Ralphie my RP toms were nasty too. Mr T was the only nice tom and he was the only one who wasn't a RP

Last edited:
Well Mabel recovered quite quickly from her incident and is happy once more. Although she's probably not gonna be around much longer... I can't make up anymore good reasons to keep her around... will probably just skim her out and then cut her up and make stock out of what isn't froze...

Sorry for all the typos in that last post.
1f601.png
Hard to type and wrangle a 3 yr old. But yeah according to weather man I should be ok. School will be open tomorrow thru Friday at least.
Had a question about feed, we had been feeding a layer pellet and adding cracked corn. Is that enough protein during colder months? Also I must say (some of you may wanna cover your ears) turkey eggs are way better tasting than chicken in my husbands opinion. I took a bite and it did have a different taste but I don't care for eggs anyways. I love how the one hen acts now. She is way sweeter and let's me pet her and pick her up if need be.

Back
Top Bottom