A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Well finally had a nice day with weather. 65 degrees no wind.

Erected 3 new 10x20 breeding pens for the turkeys. Of course the bourbons had to help. The must have known what was coming as 2 of my hens laid down to mate.

It was a mating I didn't want but didn't get it stopped in time. But all are in the new pens now.

1 tom and 4 narri hens. 1 palm tom and 4 hens. 1 bourbon tom and 3 hens.

Don't know what a fence does to turkey toms but the fighting started as soon as they were settled in. 1 hour before they were best buds.

So maybe shortly memphis your narri. Hen will come to be.

Also today one of my chickens decided to make the day complete by giving me my first took the winter off egg.

Well finally had a nice day with weather. 65 degrees no wind.

Erected 3 new 10x20 breeding pens for the turkeys. Of course the bourbons had to help. The must have known what was coming as 2 of my hens laid down to mate.

It was a mating I didn't want but didn't get it stopped in time. But all are in the new pens now.

1 tom and 4 narri hens. 1 palm tom and 4 hens. 1 bourbon tom and 3 hens.

Don't know what a fence does to turkey toms but the fighting started as soon as they were settled in. 1 hour before they were best buds.

So maybe shortly memphis your narri. Hen will come to be.

Also today one of my chickens decided to make the day complete by giving me my first took the winter off egg.
Isn't that the weirdest thing, put a fence between them and they spend all day hitting the fence and fighting each other....Makes no sense.

The bronze hen is healing up nicely! No bad smells or swelling... If I perceive a bad smell, I'll clean it up, but as long as it is healing on its own, I'm going to let it go. She is still laying eggs through this too!

Finally! Over a week of ice and snow... and we're working our way back to grass again :). Makes for happy birds!!

So Big Bird is growing the most stunning beard this year :p. And after her molt this year her head is super-fuzzy....even her snood has fuzz :love. Since I have nothing else that's terribly interesting - I'll just share pics lol.

Fiesty -big bird is beautiful!

We keep going through cycles. We have a big snow storm, then it gets warm out and everything Meeks, then we get another snow storm. It doesn't make any sense to me!

I have new poult pictures to share. I'll try to get them up tomorrow :)

Fiesty...such sweet pics of Big Bird! Love the breard. Annie still has her breard. Although Daisy will tug on it occasionally. The weather has been a roller coaster here too. Its been crazy.

Daisy's head is super fuzzy this year too. Her snood always has little feathers, but what's funny is that the feathers on top of her head are darker than usual & it looks like she's wearing a toupee. Her face is always pretty fuzzy.

Aurora, can't wait to see poult pics!!

I don't know why it uploaded sideways :/ This is from a few days ago. I need to take a few more pictures. The one little palm is already strutting around, showing off when i reach in to pay attention to them lol. Seeing as how Princess was a day 1 strutter, I'm not assuming this one is a tom

I don't know why it uploaded sideways :/ This is from a few days ago. I need to take a few more pictures. The one little palm is already strutting around, showing off when i reach in to pay attention to them lol. Seeing as how Princess was a day 1 strutter, I'm not assuming this one is a tom

Good looking poults.

What is the one in the back a little chocolate?

I work with enablers. My turkeys aren't laying yet. Chickens are thinking about it.

My incubators are setting idle and ready. They talked me into getting pheasants eggs to hatch. Like I needed much convincing to try and hatch something?

My little legbar babies are just starting to get the the little feather tufts on their head. Look like little Mohawks.

Good looking poults.

What is the one in the back a little chocolate?

I work with enablers. My turkeys aren't laying yet. Chickens are thinking about it.

My incubators are setting idle and ready. They talked me into getting pheasants eggs to hatch. Like I needed much convincing to try and hatch something?

My little legbar babies are just starting to get the the little feather tufts on their head. Look like little Mohawks.

My little legbars at a week old have that Mohawk.. it is so cool. The girls have it more than my boys, which is normal...
hit.gif
I want large crested boys...

And I found a Dominique hiding in my Legbars today when I moved them. I thought I had sold all of them.

Back
Top Bottom