A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

One of the ways to avoid this is to keep them off the ground on wire. Let them get up to 4 or 5 weeks before they start getting on the ground .And most definitely keep the corrid handy
The chicks were inside but I just gave them some grit from outside for them to eat some fodder that I grow. i guess it was that that did it. The disease came in right after I put it in.

Just candled my turkey eggs that are on day 19 and day 16. There was a lot not fertile or early death. Most I think we're palm eggs.

I'm beginning to wonder whether my palm tom is a dud. I'm getting excellent hatches from my narris. And my bourbons. Have not got a palm yet.

So when these hatch next week if I don't get a palm I'll switch out toms.

But the downside of the 3 hens I have 2 are broody. Got one up and she was on 5 eggs. The other I'm not sure can't get her to budge just hiss and peep.

My bourbons were lacking last year had palms all over. So I want a good hatch of bourbons to build and replace in my flock.

Just candled my turkey eggs that are on day 19 and day 16. There was a lot not fertile or early death. Most I think we're palm eggs.

I'm beginning to wonder whether my palm tom is a dud. I'm getting excellent hatches from my narris. And my bourbons. Have not got a palm yet.

But the downside of the 3 hens I have 2 are broody. Got one up and she was on 5 eggs. The other I'm not sure can't get her to budge just hiss and peep.

My bourbons were lacking last year had palms all over. So I want a good hatch of bourbons to build and replace in my flock.
I'll trade you hens. I am trying to get mine broody right now but they won't for the life in them. Hopefully with the nice weather coming up they will though.

Good Luck, I can't keep my RP hens from being broody. I have to put them through "Cold Treatment" and even that is not taking for long.

The first Tri-Color Mottled Slate didn't make it. I suspect it had internal issues. It also appeared to have the small eye syndrome. Another hatched and is doing fine as well as 2 Tri-Color Mottled Blacks.

Tri-Color Mottled Black

R2elk: sorry to hear about the one. Congrats on the 2 mottled blacks and the other tri mottled slate.

Thank you. The first one hatched 2 days early and looked more like one that someone had helped hatch more than one that hatched on its own.. Its hatch was completely unassisted. It spent almost all of its short life sleeping while the others are active like normal poults.

Good luck with your hatches.

I had a poult hatch Saturday that is as big as some a week younger. It is already in love with my wedding ring and is as active as the 2 week old poult. I'm liking this one.

Back
Top Bottom