A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My dear turkey friends. I need help...
I can't understand my DH.

My birthday is coming up in a few days. I have mentioned several times I wanted new stools for the bar at the kitchen counter. I sent him the link to the ones I want.

Tonight, while I was slaving away in the kitchen, he asked if I would be heartbroken if the stools didn't show up and if something else did.

With a perfectly serious tone and face, I said, "Well, I may not be heartbroken. But you know who will be?! The turkeys. They really had their hearts set on new roosting stools to enjoy while I feed them treats from the kitchen."

He got up and left. What?! Why was he so miffed?!

Must be because he isn't sleeping well since the turkeys took his spot in the bed...

I have gazed into the crystal ball MM and have had a vision of your Hubby on Thanksgiving morning:

This is T-Bone (Sweetgrass tom), Cleo (Sweetgrass hen) and Thanksgiving and Christmas (who are both either Royal Palm or Royal palm mix). T-bone and Cleo are both a little over a year old and the two guests of honor are right around 4.5 months.

This is T-Bone (Sweetgrass tom), Cleo (Sweetgrass hen) and Thanksgiving and Christmas (who are both either Royal Palm or Royal palm mix). T-bone and Cleo are both a little over a year old and the two guests of honor are right around 4.5 months.

T-Bone and Cleo are beautiful!
So are your guests of honor. How much do you think they will weigh when you process them?

Last night, after my husband so rudely ignored my turkey's feelings, I went out to console the birds.
Which really means I had to pick each of them up off the deck railing and take them to their designated roosting area.
Tomahawk is a petit little thing, not even weighing as much as a meat bird at process (now I do not mine grow quite as long as Ralph does, but the last batch ranged in the 7lb average)
Banshee is a bit heftier, but still only weighing maybe as much as a bigger meatie.
Now Dinner, and yes, he still lets me pick him up, weighs more than I expected! He is getting pretty heavy!

And in other news, Banshee is trying to take Dinner down a notch or two. There have been some Dinner feathers lying around... and he has a hole in his tail display, about 3 feathers wide.
We had a talk the other day about how I really want Banshee to keep living with us and not run away. I may have also let it slip that Dinner won't be with us much longer so he should tough it out... I think this has given him a boost of confidence.
I also had a talk with Tomahawk about being such a floozy... she didn't seem to care.

I have gazed into the crystal ball MM and have had a vision of your Hubby on Thanksgiving morning:

lau.gif
Too funny!

And in other news, Banshee is trying to take Dinner down a notch or two.  There have been some Dinner feathers lying around... and he has a hole in his tail display, about 3 feathers wide.
We had a talk the other day about how I really want Banshee to keep living with us and not run away.  I may have also let it slip that Dinner won't be with us much longer so he should tough it out... I think this has given him a boost of confidence.
I also had a talk with Tomahawk about being such a floozy... she didn't seem to care.

It's a good thing you got such nice pictures of Dinner's tail display before Banshee put a hole in it :)

I want to get 1 male turkey when I move on to more property but can't find a place that will sex the turkeys. PLEASE PRIVETE MSG ME IF YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN.

T-Bone and Cleo are beautiful!
So are your guests of honor. How much do you think they will weigh when you process them?

Last night, after my husband so rudely ignored my turkey's feelings, I went out to console the birds.
Which really means I had to pick each of them up off the deck railing and take them to their designated roosting area.
Tomahawk is a petit little thing, not even weighing as much as a meat bird at process (now I do not mine grow quite as long as Ralph does, but the last batch ranged in the 7lb average)
Banshee is a bit heftier, but still only weighing maybe as much as a bigger meatie.
Now Dinner, and yes, he still lets me pick him up, weighs more than I expected! He is getting pretty heavy!

And in other news, Banshee is trying to take Dinner down a notch or two. There have been some Dinner feathers lying around... and he has a hole in his tail display, about 3 feathers wide.
We had a talk the other day about how I really want Banshee to keep living with us and not run away. I may have also let it slip that Dinner won't be with us much longer so he should tough it out... I think this has given him a boost of confidence.
Thanks, I'll be sure to pass that on to T-Bone and Cleo. As far as a weight guess for the guests of honor I have no clue because these are my first turkeys.
big_smile.png
Current weight I would put them both in the 7-8 lb range. Hopefully good feed and lots of bugs and the fact that they are both toms (at least they should be) helps them pack on some weight. I realize they will be smaller than there ideal weight but they will taste way better and be way healthier than store bought. T-Bone is probably right around the 25lb mark and Cleo is probably about half that.

I want to get 1 male turkey when I move on to more property but can't find a place that will sex the turkeys. PLEASE PRIVETE MSG ME IF YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN.

I happen to have a Male turkey for sale. He has a slight criminal record, but I assume it is a juvvy record and will not be with him as an adult.

It's a good thing you got such nice pictures of Dinner's tail display before Banshee put a hole in it
smile.png

JJ is in molt right now, He has just 2 scrawny feathers left in his tail when he displays. It looks so funny. He reminds me of the politically incorrect cartoon native American from the 60s. ( Yeah I know way before your time)

Thanks, I'll be sure to pass that on to T-Bone and Cleo. As far as a weight guess for the guests of honor I have no clue because these are my first turkeys.
big_smile.png
Current weight I would put them both in the 7-8 lb range. Hopefully good feed and lots of bugs and the fact that they are both toms (at least they should be) helps them pack on some weight. I realize they will be smaller than there ideal weight but they will taste way better and be way healthier than store bought. T-Bone is probably right around the 25lb mark and Cleo is probably about half that.

I wanted to eat my turkeys last thanksgiving, but they were way to small. They did not become large enough until Easter.

I bought 4 BB to eat this year 3 are alive still. They will make it for sure. The slates are just too small, unless I want "cornish game hen turkey" which I just might do. I ended up with a 13 pound chicken instead last thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom