A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

That's too bad about the heat Ralphie. I hope the rest of your birds can take it. We are due for 90 degree weather for the next week. I know a lot of people get hotter temps than that, but I hate when it goes above 90. Mostly because it's hard on the birds. And then I have to go out in the heat to give them cold water.

Feedman!! WOW.. I knew Holm and I should have went..You would not have gotten anything that cheap had I been there..

I just got a call from the state vet..

I am clean and disease free. It is not MS or MG. She said she has never seen a bird look like that and not have it.

They said I could take the bird to the UoM and they would do a work up on it, but I have decided to pass on that. Even though it would be good to know and for the state to know. It requires killing the poult and costs me $80. Beings it has not spread and one bird seems free of what ever it is. I can't see doing it at this time.

I am going to start a antibiotic treatment on it to see if it clears up, if it does in a week I know it is or was bacterial. If it does not it is viral or allergy..

I'm SO glad it's not MG/MS! congratulations! I'm sorry you missed out on a good turkey dinner though with sidekick.

Aurora...cant wait to hear what you get from Porter. What fun!

You and me both! I can't wait!

The heat is tough. It's 90 here with 87% humidity. Started messing around this morning about 5:30. Had to come in by 11:00. Box fans on all fowl.

I have a toad that may go to Chicken Heaven today. The heat was too much, I think, and it appears she broke a hip or leg.

I am really am good at breaking broodies. This is the Broody RP I broke the other day. I did such a good job breaking her she is having a gender identification issues.

I have a toad that may go to Chicken Heaven today. The heat was too much, I think, and it appears she broke a hip or leg.

I am really am good at breaking broodies. This is the Broody RP I broke the other day. I did such a good job breaking her she is having a gender identification issues.

Well, when you do something, you sure do it all the way...

First time turkey owner: my one's snood has dried blood covering it...they others done seem to be bothering him, is this normal or should I do something for it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 3
First time turkey owner: my one's snood has dried blood covering it...they others done seem to be bothering him, is this normal or should I do something for it?

Extremely normal. Toms spend 90% of their time in snood pulling contests. the snoods get bloody and the waddles are scab filled most the time too. They will survive.

What size bird? It makes a diff?

There is an article written by an award winning author on here about building one for chicks/poults.

Medium size birds a cat little bucket works great, just drill a hole and use a drain plug once you ether it up...

I always make sure I have enough paper towels in it to keep the ether from actually touching the bird.

When I had to put JJ down I used a plastic barrel with the snap ring cover. I drilled a hole in the cover and mounted a plastic box behind the hole to fill with ether. That way only the fumes got to him. Even as big as he was it took less than a minute or so to put him to sleep. I use lots of ether, I want no pain for them at all, just to go to sleep.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...re-culling-the-injured-and-sick-babies.72140/

Back
Top Bottom