A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

@memphis What kind of carrots do you grow through the summer? I've just discovered that the seeds I bought in VA don't like our hot summers... Who'd of thunk? :barnie:he
I've grown carrots year around no matter where I've lived. I planted a 20' row this spring and have four sprouts.

I bet you can't grow carrots year round here.....

Yeah, R2elk has a good point. It's been pretty damp.

Rjohns, you could check "Seed Savers". They have a lot of the older varieties. Even Burpee has some interesting stuff.

Hot & humid here today. Set out the box fans in the yard when I got home. Daisy takes full advantage. Sure don't want to get between her & her box fan!

Daisy sunbathing this weekend

Attachments

• 20170611_194221.jpg
    20170611_194221.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 11
You guys are making me wish I had a vegetable garden. This is my last year for breeding the cages birds so I've been focusing on that. That and the myriad of chicks Ive been hatching out that aren't selling. I keep telling myself I'll get back into gardening more next year. But I sure wish I had at least one tomato plant.

Mr. T baby update... He is feathering in JUST like his dad... Mr. T looked like this baby when he was a poult. But I don't think I can get a Mr. T from these crosses...
What?! You're telling us what it looks like with no photos?!! Come on...

Had a few lovely days here - finally! It's been a weird spring - get a sunny day or two and then a week of rain. Only thing growing enthusiastically in my garden is the weeds....grrrr.

Big Bird had a good day today - she gave a ferocious scare to a garter snake (which I quickly ushered to another part of the yard so they didn't eat him). Poor snake was innocently sunning himself after shedding his skin, apparently not paying attention to who was beside him :rolleyes:. We have very few snakes here and thankfully we really don't have the poisonous varieties. I don't worry much about them being around the birds and usually just try to give them a head start to get away.
IMG_6173.JPG

Big Bird likes having her chin scratched....she goes to sleep lol.
IMG_3189.JPG

Back
Top Bottom