A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Tommie running to greet me. Iron in the background.

byc_tommie2_iron-jpg.1092381

byc_tommie-jpg.1092382

My dark whatever color hen she is...... Brandie

byc_brandy-jpg.1092384

The other shade of Bronze lol

byc_lighter_hen-jpg.1092386
Beautiful! :love

On a fun note, My wilds got within 20 feet of the fence in the upper pasture today... Tom's just ignored them--but the hens had a tremendous conversation... Have no Idea about what but it lasted at least an hour back and forth. Nothing aggressive just the normal cooing sounds.:confused:

Oh, and the wild babies tried a couple of times to penetrate the fence--but mom put a halt to that in short order. My babies were right there at the fence line with them and my hens kept them from breaching the fence as well.:yesss:

Well, in the NOT FUN category, I took my avatar out to do her business and as I gaze at the lower pasture, I see ten 6 week old Rhode Island Whites wandering about the place OUTSIDE their shelter. They are back in the shelter and I've refilled the hole they dug. ARG!:he:he:he
It's amazing how quickly they can dig a hole - until you realize all of them were in that little (for example) 6 inch hole.
:D

On a fun note, My wilds got within 20 feet of the fence in the upper pasture today... Tom's just ignored them--but the hens had a tremendous conversation... Have no Idea about what but it lasted at least an hour back and forth. Nothing aggressive just the normal cooing sounds.:confused:

Oh, and the wild babies tried a couple of times to penetrate the fence--but mom put a halt to that in short order. My babies were right there at the fence line with them and my hens kept them from breaching the fence as well.:yesss:
I saw approximately 30 wilds a couple days ago in a mountain side pasture across the ridge from me. Look like ants with the naked eye, but I got a pretty good look at them with binoculars.

I just wonder how long it will take them to show up here? No one else in the local vicinity has turkeys.

The one in the back looks to be a Narragansett and the one in front looks like a Golden Narragansett
byc_lighter_hen-jpg.1092386

Golden Narragansett
Thank you, R2Elk! As I've said before, I never saw the parents. My daughter just today showed me where the farm is on Google Maps. I still plan on going over to see what he has. Daughter said he had all kinds of birds - different colored turkeys, peafowl, guineas, pheasants and some she never saw before.

LOL - for all I know, he may be a member here.

I saw approximately 30 wilds a couple days ago in a mountain side pasture across the ridge from me. Look like ants with the naked eye, but I got a pretty good look at them with binoculars.

I just wonder how long it will take them to show up here? No one else in the local vicinity has turkeys.
Mine have been visiting since before I had turkeys. Not sure why... These days they wander around behind where my birds were last and clean up any left over feed.

Mine have been visiting since before I had turkeys. Not sure why... These days they wander around behind where my birds were last and clean up any left over feed.
Proves they know who is supplying the butter for their bread. lol.

The only thing I have wandering around right now, is a wild "yard bunny". It's gotten to the point that he/she follows me from the front yard to the back or runs around me while I am mowing. ......a very strange wabbit!

Hi all! Just checking in from Oregon! We're or here on vacation for my brother's wedding but we've been seeing the sights too. We drove to Mount St Helens and down to the coastal redwoods of California and even stopped at the beach (which was freezing cold!). I just can't resist stopping in to say hi :)

My turkeys are apparently giving my brother in law a tough time since he's animal sitting. One of the you'd bourbon toms had figured out how to get out and they are hard to catch lol

Back
Top Bottom