A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Tommie running to greet me. Iron in the background.

View attachment 1092381

View attachment 1092382

My dark whatever color hen she is...... Brandie

View attachment 1092384

The other shade of Bronze lol

View attachment 1092386
very pretty!
Well, in the NOT FUN category, I took my avatar out to do her business and as I gaze at the lower pasture, I see ten 6 week old Rhode Island Whites wandering about the place OUTSIDE their shelter. They are back in the shelter and I've refilled the hole they dug. ARG!:he:he:he
at least you got them back!!

Thank you, R2Elk! As I've said before, I never saw the parents. My daughter just today showed me where the farm is on Google Maps. I still plan on going over to see what he has. Daughter said he had all kinds of birds - different colored turkeys, peafowl, guineas, pheasants and some she never saw before.

LOL - for all I know, he may be a member here.
thats neat! would love to hear what else he has, and if he is a member on here!

Hi all! Just checking in from Oregon! We're or here on vacation for my brother's wedding but we've been seeing the sights too. We drove to Mount St Helens and down to the coastal redwoods of California and even stopped at the beach (which was freezing cold!). I just can't resist stopping in to say hi :)

My turkeys are apparently giving my brother in law a tough time since he's animal sitting. One of the you'd bourbon toms had figured out how to get out and they are hard to catch lol
Sounds like fun!!!

byc_lighter_hen-jpg.1092386

Golden Narragansett
Lovely!

I suppose the pictures of the turkeys free ranging means I should get off my behind, stop drinking coffee and go let them out of the coop/run.

BTW I had a great bedtime last night. I had 5 turkey toms outside the coop, milling about causing trouble like they do at 8:30... I walked by them and told them I was going to shut the pole barn doors and they had 5 minutes to get to bed...

When I came back they were all inside on their roosts!!

I finally have them trained.

I suppose the pictures of the turkeys free ranging means I should get off my behind, stop drinking coffee and go let them out of the coop/run.

BTW I had a great bedtime last night. I had 5 turkey toms outside the coop, milling about causing trouble like they do at 8:30... I walked by them and told them I was going to shut the pole barn doors and they had 5 minutes to get to bed...

When I came back they were all inside on their roosts!!

I finally have them trained.
Way to go... I'm having the opposite problem this year. Last year I'd go out at dusk and everyone was where they were supposed to be and all i had to do is shut the doors. Not so this year... we have to heard them into their shelters.:oops:

Way to go... I'm having the opposite problem this year. Last year I'd go out at dusk and everyone was where they were supposed to be and all i had to do is shut the doors. Not so this year... we have to heard them into their shelters.:oops:

I have found talking to them in a firm voice, telling them the behavior you expect from them works well....

Would you be interested in having me come down and give you individual lessons in turkey behavior compliance?

Back
Top Bottom