A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Inky is soooooo cute!!

Yes...I think Annie is beautiful. A term my family hotly debates. My sister thinks they look prehistoric. That or "funny" looking. I try to explain...to know a turkey is to love a turkey. Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder....at least when it comes to turkeys...

Inky is soooooo cute!!

Yes...I think Annie is beautiful. A term my family hotly debates. My sister thinks they look prehistoric. That or "funny" looking. I try to explain...to know a turkey is to love a turkey. Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder....at least when it comes to turkeys...
Some things you just can't explain to others.... I would imagine there are things she has an eye for that you do not appreciate as much.
I know I will never understand some womens obsession with shoes.
Now having every available color of poultry I get..... lol

Inky is soooooo cute!!

I'm with you, she's gorgeous...

Inky is soooooo cute!!

yeah I thought I didn't like turkeys except of dinner....I got 2 bbb on a whim when i picked up some cx in 2016.. thinking the turkeys were ugly and the cx nasty.... so no emotional problem when it came time for freezer camp, ... right? :gigI had hunted and while someone else 'did the deed' I had processed chickens before.. so I should have no problem doing it all myself :rolleyes:

Both types were the sweetest birds and broke my heart to 'do the deed' on the cx... I had to have others 'do the deed' on the bbb .. but I didn't have any problem with the rest of the processing or eating them.Since they were in the brooder I played with them alot ...last time I did that :oops: broodies are better:old I don't get attached to the snoodles as much... of course good luck catching one without a net.

We had tried heritage turkeys in 2016..... beautiful birds but alas we ended up with 2 toms.....and between the 2 they could eat over a dozen chicken eggs a day, they were housed with my layers and I only had one coop. So they got a free ticket to freezer camp.
Now we know why my hubby built my turkey coop...... and I learned about feeding turkeys higher protein

They are easy to get attached too. Since my city girls are social gadflys, I cant tell you how many times someone said they are going to think twice before eating turkey again. LOL! One of guys was driving by yesterday evening, stopped his truck, yelled out "Hello Annie" who promptly responded by yelling back. He drove off laughing like a hyena. Never bothered to say hi to me.....

I absolutely love this boy! Romeo is such a sweet and gentle boy. He had no problem letting baby sleep on his back last night :)

IMG_20180819_203744.jpg
IMG_20180819_203844.jpg
IMG_20180819_203804.jpg

Back
Top Bottom