A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Just saw the "I Fell in Love with a Turkey" posted on the turkey forum. Just cracks me up. Another person just realized how sweet turkeys can be. Wish more folks would realize what fun pets they can be. Turkeys get such a bad rap.
What? How is being a delicious Thanksgiving dinner a bad rap?

Aurora...is Baby grey? What color is she??

Yes, she's greyish. Not sure what she is still lol.

I saw Tommy breed Cynthia (bourbon buff) this morning. I need to get a saddle her. I don't think she was happy about the process though. She took off complaining and shaking off over and over lol

R2elk....I just would like folks to realize what uber cool birds turkeys are. Nothing wrong with making a delicious meal. Nobody thinks beyond that tho. People just discount their intelligence and fun as a friendly pet.

Two more turkeys out the door today. I may have been hasty selling the Royal Palm hen that hatched this last batch of poults. Many of her poults are showing the effects of a single penciling gene. It obviously came from her and she definitely did not show any signs of penciling. The one that left today had really nice partial penciling on the bottom of his(?) tail feathers but nothing on the top of them. Only four more of these young toms to go.

Back
Top Bottom