A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Geez R2elk! I'm already worried about my annual hen fights. Seriously....I don't think they could get away with hiding anything. (Says the woman who thought Poppy was a girl...)
But they did have a great day! I was happy with how easily I got them back in the coop too. They pretty much followed Iris. Its acorn season and they sure ate their fill. They figured out I crack them for Daisy and they caught on quickly! I just sat on a bench stepping on acorns....I think we all had a nice day! They had fun exploring. Daisy hopped on the bench with me & Iris showed the new girls all the fun places in the yard. Lots of hen talk going on!!

Geez R2elk! I'm already worried about my annual hen fights. Seriously....I don't think they could get away with hiding anything. (Says the woman who thought Poppy was a girl...)
But they did have a great day! I was happy with how easily I got them back in the coop too. They pretty much followed Iris. Its acorn season and they sure ate their fill. They figured out I crack them for Daisy and they caught on quickly! I just sat on a bench stepping on acorns....I think we all had a nice day! They had fun exploring. Daisy hopped on the bench with me & Iris showed the new girls all the fun places in the yard. Lots of hen talk going on!!
Well, the turds came back tonight. One hen got hung up in the neighbor's yard so she is roosting in their Russian Olive tree. Two are back up in the dead elm that they roosted in last night. The biggest tom is swaying in the thin branches of a nearby Russian Olive. Maybe I should have roast turkey next week.

It currently is Wild Turkey season here requiring a general license and is open for any turkey from the 1st of October until Dec. 31.

I'm so glad the girls are all getting along so well! Your going to have such the little parade of turkey hens on your evening walks eventually lol

Hi guys, haven’t checked in in a while. I am now about 500 pages behind in my reading. So every once in a while I just skip to the most recent few pages. @memphis , your new turkey hens are beautiful!

So I clicked on the sister site “Sufficient Self” this morning, and it was completely different and unrecognizable. Turns out they are going to change all the sites, including BYC. I barely made it through the last change. It’s only been 2 1/2 years and now they want to change it again?! I don’t know if I can make it through another change. Who knows. Maybe it won’t be so bad. They said they will do BYH next week, and work out the bugs before they tackle BYC. So looks like a couple of weeks maybe to get used to the idea.

Went to do chores and found my girl spudley dead.
20190926_175142.jpg
20190924_174813.jpg
she was my half bbw girl with lots of spunk.... funny how some birds make a mark

Back
Top Bottom