A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

They can be mean to chickens--especially some of the females can. My males mostly ignore the chickens unless there's food involved. None are aggressive to humans, though I did have some BBW toms who seemed to be edging in that direction. R2 said "walk through them" and that worked right away.

What does that mean to "walk through rhem?" Like walk in their direction and expect them to move? Or walk through a group of them? I am taking mental notes to prepare for my poults.

Bantambird...it a pretty one!!

Well Iris has a new home and a hubby! Friend has been bugging me about her. He is down to 2 hens & has been looking for another for his tom. He took her this morning and shes already squatting for him. Apparently a sex starved hussy! The owner is a super on our job site. Wish I still had it but he sent me a pick of him driving to Memphis with his tom. Who is standing on his trucks back seat, full display and his head resting on my friends shoulder. Hes very pretty RP. And quite a sweetie.

Bantambird...it a pretty one!!

Well Iris has a new home and a hubby! Friend has been bugging me about her. He is down to 2 hens & has been looking for another for his tom. He took her this morning and shes already squatting for him. Apparently a sex starved hussy! The owner is a super on our job site. Wish I still had it but he sent me a pick of him driving to Memphis with his tom. Who is standing on his trucks back seat, full display and his head resting on my friends shoulder. Hes very pretty RP. And quite a sweetie.

I didn't know Iris was looking for a new home! Pretty girl will be thrilled with her new hubby in sure!

I always thought turkeys were mean.

No way! Most are big loveable sweet hearts!

IMG_20190824_104850.jpg
IMG_20190418_073428.jpg
IMG_20180330_202340.jpg
FB_IMG_1530379926928.jpg
LL (2).jpg
900x900px-LL-76a6d483_20150904_171319.jpeg

I've always love the pic of you in the hammock. And Romeo with your son. Your birds are twinkies too! Why do people think they are mean? Spend time with them & give them an occasional treat & they fall all over you!

Iris really wasn't looking for a new home. Just trying to help out a friend. He's been bugging me for months. I may get her back this fall. Or one of her poults. We'll see.

So I'm left with Daisy,Blossom & Marigold. A funny bunch

I've always love the pic of you in the hammock. And Romeo with your son. Your birds are twinkies too! Why do people think they are mean? Spend time with them & give them an occasional treat & they fall all over you!

Iris really wasn't looking for a new home. Just trying to help out a friend. He's been bugging me for months. I may get her back this fall. Or one of her poults. We'll see.

So I'm left with Daisy,Blossom & Marigold. A funny bunch
They think their mean because of the videos of jakes attacking cars and mailmen

I'm so sick.. my 2 month old turkey poult died today. I did a necropsy and took pictures of her liver. I fear she died of blackhead from the pictures on the internet Ive seen. I have poults coming in a few days. They are already in transit! Too late to cancel the order. And had I known this prior I would have canceled. My chickens are all over my property so there is no where chickens havent been. What do I do?? How can I prevent the new poults from getting it?
:hit:hit:hit:hit

20200715_133240.jpg
20200715_133255.jpg
20200715_133144.jpg

The purple staining is blue kote.

Back
Top Bottom