A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have a California White hen staying with a bunch of Midget Whites. Took me a day to realize she wasn't where she was supposed to be (blended in?). So when I put her in back in the right pen tonight, I sat in a chair and watched. I see she found a hole from the pen to the chicken barn and she's crawling through it and running out when I turn the turkeys loose.

Won't be happening tomorrow.
Poor hen

I have a black jake running with muscovy and necked necks right now.... i want to evaluate him to keep so he needs to be safe he is still young and the alpha rooster seems to be keeping him in line so far... it will not be long till the extra jakes will be invited for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I can figure out what boy gets to go with witch pen of girls. Looks like we will have 4 turkey pens with a tom/or Jake and 4 to 6 girls each. This could turn out to be an interesting year. Someone should explain to newbies how poultry math works before they get started.... oh and that the cute shirt sayings are actually accurate.
Just 6 hens for eggs turns into 200 with 2 kinds of ducks, 2 kinds of turkeys, a horse and quail in the house and hatchong all year.... no goats yet but I have had lots of folks try to sell me one or 10?
Oh my

An interesting choice of words.
Huh... are you implying that I did that on purpose or that I don't know the difference? Psst my grammar socks so I was just glad to get close enough lol
Most times I use words I can spell cuz the ones I would use in a spoken conversation I can't even get close enough for spell correct to help..... most the time the auto correct just looks at me with a big question mark over the screen as in what the heck is she trying to say....lol

Huh... are you implying that I did that on purpose or that I don't know the difference? Psst my grammar socks so I was just glad to get close enough lol
Most times I use words I can spell cuz the ones I would use in a spoken conversation I can't even get close enough for spell correct to help..... most the time the auto correct just looks at me with a big question mark over the screen as in what the heck is she trying to say....lol
No implication. I just found it an interesting choice of words. I would have found it an even more interesting choice if it was being used to describe a group of women rather than a pen of hen turkeys.

I have about 25 turkeys in a rainbow of colors and I need to pare down to 15.if anyone wants to road trip I'll give away some late may/early June poults who are just starting to show gender and the Jakes are starting to squabble. Wanting to get rid of the tri colored mottled blacks ( keeping the tri colored blues who will throw blacks too) and pare down on several other colors so my NPIP tester(mom) doesn't freak out over " all these extra birds," lol

Back
Top Bottom