A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

She

has a distinct mohawk, and then fluff. only a stripe of real feathers.(on her head) I will wait a while just to make sure
Toms will start going bald faster than hens do. What you are seeing may be an early indication of it being a tom.

Last edited:
She

has a distinct mohawk, and then fluff. only a stripe of real feathers.(on her head) I will wait a while just to make sure
I can't start sexing until they get their first full set of feathers, and even then the Jakes won't start showing themselves at first because I have two toms. So you won't know for sure if until 3 months at least, sometimes longer. Only time I've early identified gender is when young Jakes start coloring up their carnicles early and constantly strutting, but females can strut when upset too so it can be confusing.

My girls are all nesting. Very happy for them as previous females have just laid their eggs in other birds nest and left them. I don't expect any turkey hatching for their first time laying for the eggs being so small??????? Am just happy to see them all interested in stay on the nest. Just had my duck hatch a chick so who knows what the turkeys are actually nesting on lol.

My girls are all nesting. Very happy for them as previous females have just laid their eggs in other birds nest and left them. I don't expect any turkey hatching for their first time laying for the eggs being so small??????? Am just happy to see them all interested in stay on the nest. Just had my duck hatch a chick so who knows what the turkeys are actually nesting on lol.
If the eggs are fertile and they go broody on them, they will hatch.

Back
Top Bottom