A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My heritage always go live & usually as hatchlings. I get $15 each at hatch. Prices go up weekly as poults. Once they get bigger I sell by size, gender, age & breeder status. Proven breeders go higher.

I've been getting $10 a poult at hatch...I guess I am behind the times. I sold a gorgeous Narragansett show quality proven breeding pair last year for $150 after collecting all the eggs I needed for the season.

Building a quality flock is certainly not for the faint of heart or wallet. Payback may be years down the road. But once there, it gets easier, as long as you can pick the keepers at a very early age.

Welcome to the thread everyone..

A diamond encrusted creamette is a Crested Cream leg bar, We have been calling them Diamond encrusted because of their cost. I have mine living in a maximum security covered run, I am hoping the eagles will just knock at my door and ask for lobster, as it is cheaper per pound than the "creamettes".... Technically, "creamettes" would only be the hens, I think.

Welcome to the thread everyone..

A diamond encrusted creamette is a Crested Cream leg bar, We have been calling them Diamond encrusted because of their cost. I have mine living in a maximum security covered run, I am hoping the eagles will just knock at my door and ask for lobster, as it is cheaper per pound than the "creamettes".... Technically, "creamettes" would only be the hens, I think.

Ah gotcha! I thought you were referring to Cream Legbar but wasn't sure lol.

Water pan with air stone. Tiny air pump is suspended from the blue ribbon on the right rear.

Digital controllers: STC1000 for temperature on the left, WH8040 for humidity on the right.
I bought three of the STC1000's and I see you are using one for humidity. May I ask how? it this a cabinet bator?

Thanks for letting us know about your thread. I guess everyone is busy getting all reved up for spring. I got rid of all my chickens except for my layer flock. So I am getting more turkey this year. Still waiting on the eggs to arrive in May.

This is a homemade cabinet incubator, 24" x 24" x 42", holds 200 eggs in 5 trays with autoturners.

The second controller is the same size as the STC1000, but it's called WH8040 and is a humidifier/dehumidifier controller. It works very well.

This is a homemade cabinet incubator, 24" x 24" x 42", holds 200 eggs in 5 trays with autoturners.

The second controller is the same size as the STC1000, but it's called WH8040 and is a humidifier/dehumidifier controller. It works very well.
Thanks I will look it up and see if I can figure out how to use it in my hatcher. I appreciate it very much. I have three bators and a hatcher. I am still figuring this all out. lol

Thanks for letting us know about your thread. I guess everyone is busy getting all reved up for spring. I got rid of all my chickens except for my layer flock. So I am getting more turkey this year. Still waiting on the eggs to arrive in May.

Thanks for coming over, And welcome to the thread.

If I could only keep one species of birds, I think it would be turkeys. JJ and Ethel are just too cool to ever get rid of.

I am not sure how to break it to my wife, that they are going on vacation with us..

You can use it to turn a humidifier on and off, or an aquarium pump with stone, or one of the pond foggers. There are a lot of options. I may go to a pond fogger next as I have so much volume in the cabinet, I have a hard time getting above 60% with a little air stone.

Back
Top Bottom