A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

OK, my hatch is officially over. The last one just finished. I had to help the poor thing out. It unzipped the entire way around the shell but the membrane dried on itself and locked the baby in. No damage done though, just a happy little poult :)

I had quite a few late quitters in this hatch. I'm going to guess my incubator failure had something to do with that. 8 were late quitters and 2 more had pipped and then quit. All of Pebbles eggs failed :( BUT I did take 1 poult out to her and slid it under her. I want sure if she was taking to it or not so I pulled it back out and set it in front of her. She was very gentle about pulling it back under her and started talking to it :) so, I gave her one more which she watched me bring to her. I set it in front of her and she pulled it under and tucked it in. That silly girl did that look again, looking for more babies from me lol. I can only spare 2 right now though. I have a lot of orders.

Daisy....in all her messy molting glory. :rolleyes:

SS  the bourbon buff, who or what was her parents ?  Do you have a picture of his tail spread open?  ( I assumed it is a she based on small snood you said I was wrong so little I know..LOL)

That is a beautiful color.  Colors excite me more than "pure" lines do.

That said Sidekick has lost his spot in the breeding lineup to a young self blue.  While Sidekick is larger framed, the young Tom has better self blue colors.  Sidekicks self blue is not "blue" enough he almost has a sandy tinge, not like Porter but too much to keep his spot in the breeding line up.

The buff is definitely a tom. They are still very young. These 6 are from my last hatches last fall end of Sept & beginning of Oct. The buff & the red slate are both definitely boys. It's the other 4 that are still in question. Parents of the 6 in the top pix are in the 3 bottom pix (red slate tom over 2 bronze mix & 1 lilac/rusty slate.) Plus Aurora's girl Pebbles is of the same parents...and I think she has a couple others of mine too.

Silkie, My BR's looked butternut color until after their first molt. Then they got the beautiful bourbon color in. j/s

This 1 was extremely light cream color as a baby. He has his big boy feathers. He's about 4 1/2 to 5 months old. My bourbon reds have all been much darker from the start. Buff is just 1 of the possible colors for my flock.

The buff is definitely a tom. They are still very young. These 6 are from my last hatches last fall end of Sept & beginning of Oct. The buff & the red slate are both definitely boys. It's the other 4 that are still in question. Parents of the 6 in the top pix are in the 3 bottom pix (red slate tom over 2 bronze mix & 1 lilac/rusty slate.) Plus Aurora's girl Pebbles is of the same parents...and I think she has a couple others of mine too.
This 1 was extremely light cream color as a baby. He has his big boy feathers. He's about 4 1/2 to 5 months old. My bourbon reds have all been much darker from the start. Buff is just 1 of the possible colors for my flock.

WOW.. That is a ton of thing he could be then! Maybe he is a Ginger... A better tail shot will tell some, is it barred or not?

SS...you need to get some close up glamour shots of your birds so us experts can debate the variety. :lol: one of our favorite things to do!

Aurora, obviously we need pics of Pebbles with her babies.

When will she teach them to eat & drink? I still think it's cool how she accepted them. What a good girl. Is she separated from Adam & the rest of the turkeys? All this is new to me.

Back
Top Bottom