A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Me neither! I haven't told hubby about this yet though lol

My wife has found out about Mr T visiting. Holm called the other day and she answered the phone. Then I got the 5th degree about what that was all about...

The conversation ended with " and Why am I just hearing about this now..."

I don't think hey really cares anymore. He just steps back and as long as I'm making some money with pros, I can shift and adjust the flock all I want. At least this year he actualy had an idea of about how many birds we have living here at the moment. Last year he had no idea that there were 65 here at one point.

I don't think hey really cares anymore. He just steps back and as long as I'm making some money with pros, I can shift and adjust the flock all I want. At least this year he actualy had an idea of about how many birds we have living here at the moment. Last year he had no idea that there were 65 here at one point.

It is pretty hard to keep her from figuring out how many birds we have, when we have 5 living in the dining room and 7 in the living room....

I think you both have understanding spouses! Ya'll have baby birds tucked all over the house. And then there is Coffee who has a flock with their own bedroom! :lol:

I made a cage, as I showed the other day that sits about 4 ft in the air. The chicks can see out. This is the first time I have ever raised chicks in a cage they can see out of. What a difference. They are not afraid of us. When we put our hand in they come running to it instead of away from it.

I am turning into a cat woman only with male genitalia and chickens instead of cats. I actually and I am ashamed to admit this. Made some chick toys this morning for Andy and his friends. Simple toy, but still toys. I am afraid this will not be good when Judy gets home from work. I am going to be endlessly harassed over this. But they seem to enjoy them.

I am wondering do we need to start a separate thread in the buy-sell-trade area?

I have heard of people getting in trouble for doing the trades in the threads like this.  If we started a thread there and referenced it back to here I think we would be ok.

I know a few of us are talking trading and I want to cover our rears.

There is actually a swap thread for turkey eggs already. I run it. We do other eggs too, but it's not a chicken based thread like the rest are.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/955103/all-other-fowl-swap/210#post_16507616

As for individual private swaps person to person, we can do those anywhere. We just have to do the detail part through pm.

There is actually a swap thread for turkey eggs already. I run it. We do other eggs too, but it's not a chicken based thread like the rest are.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/955103/all-other-fowl-swap/210#post_16507616

As for individual private swaps person to person, we can do those anywhere. We just have to do the detail part through pm.

Thanks good to know.

I read some others saying they got in trouble over it in the threads.

So I can say I all up for egg swaps and no one can yell at me? I like that!

Well, I'll admit it ... my turkeys & chickens have toys too. :rolleyes: I think they need mental stimulation! And I brood chick's in my living room. I think it makes a big difference. And they are too hard to resist!!

I brood chicks and poults in my bedroom, next to my bed lol. At least until they're old enough to handle shavings. Then they go out to the garage brooder.

I came home from running errands and there were 3 more babies in the bator! This is a long hatch! 18 so far from this group at least one more is pipped externally and 1 for sure internally. I couldn't check anymore since I realized one was external and I didn't want to drop the humidity too far. The people who were picking up 6 poults earlier today decided to add another one so 8 have already gone home...less than 24 hours old!

Back
Top Bottom