A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Speaking of Cornish X, we're raising our first group of them right now. Just 7 of them since they were $1 each at tsc and i was curious about them. I kicked their messy butts out of the coop yesterday to free range for the first time. They got so much exercise and had the time of their lives lol

And just for the cuteness factor, my Ana and her babies
smile.png
She has 2 lavender ameraucana chicks and 4 olive eggers.

You keep them free ranging and limit the feed and you will have the best meat you have ever had in 8-10 weeks! They are hard to process though, because we fall in love with them. They are such sweeties. They love to be held, petted and talked too. We end up having our DS and SIL take their heads off, I just could not do it as they are such pets.

You keep them free ranging and limit the feed and you will have the best meat you have ever had in 8-10 weeks!   They are hard to process though, because we fall in love with them.  They are such sweeties.   They love to be held, petted and talked too. We end up having our DS and SIL take their heads off, I just could not do it as they are such pets.

I'm surprised at how sweet they are. Most of the exercise they got yesterday was from running from the coop to greet me when I came outside and then running back over lol. I've just been calling them my little nuggets lol.

Out of all the turkey eggs I set none developed. My BBB hen is just to big for him to breed. I am going to AI the hen and then after I get some eggs she can be butchered. No use keeping that little piggy. Although I think shes broody. Ugh... I also have a 2 broody Cochins and an Aussie. Even the goose is pulling all her breast feathers and lining her nest!
1f635.png

Sorry about your hatch Holm. Bummer. So....your going to A I your hen? Is Mr. T going to Ralphs at some point?

Back
Top Bottom