A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

If I were you I would let hem in the coop for a while tomarrow to get used to there new surroundings other than today to help so they no that is home my turkey it took her about 3 weeks I didn't think she would be able to fit through the door and I couldn't find her that day and then I was walking past window of the coop to go ask my dad where penny was and he didn't know and then heck I see her in the window on the roost looking right at me.d he didn't put her in there she just scrapes her legs and body as low as she can go and just shimmys through the door. And now that she is broody she will just plop where ever you put her because she is so determined the other day I had her locked out of her nest and she went and laid done out in the rain in the compost box so I let her back in she is such a pain.

My 2 hens setting a dozen eggs. I fixed up the ' doggiloo' dog house for them. I put it up with the opening along the fence turned slightly into it, then made a tunnel with some scrap lumber to keep my dog from eating the turkey eggs. They just love laying eggs along nests they make along the fence, especially hidden ones! They played right into my hands! Or maybe, i played into theirs!

My daughter loves turkeys.

And the tom loves her too. He follows my girl like a lost puppy wherever she goes
1f60d.png
. She has to watch that he doesnt get too friendly however! She is always hugging on him and petting him and rubbing the knubby skin on his head, and he eats it up!

This egg looked alright when i put it in the hatcher, and it was supposed to hatch today, but i had a bad feeling and candled it. The poult had shifted wrong and was not in the proper position to hatch. It had pipped internally, but had its little beak too far from the shell and had wierdly posirioned itself part way into the aircell. I hate malpositions because it seems like a dumb reason to die when you aren't deformed, just not sitting right in the shell!
1f61e.png

Feedman, looking forward to the pics of the new tom. How are the quail settling in?

Gevshiba, sounds like the turkey wrangling went well! Yeeha!

Bantambird, darling picture of your daughter & tom. And her turkey artwork needs to be framed! Love seeing the kids interested in the birds. Boy that doggiloo works great for a nest. Clever!

Quail doing good. I have them in a couple of old rabbit hutches for my breeders. The extra males are in a rabbit cage to finish out.

One of my broodies hatched 1 poult. Another palm.

If she finally comes off the nest with the little one. That leaves me with 3 broodys left. Wish they were all done sounds like hot weather is on its way. Mid to high 90s by the end of the week.

But all my poultry will be in for a treat before long. I'm starting to get zucchini and cucumbers in the garden. My tomato plants are starting to put tomatoes on.

Last year when they found the garden they would eat things as fast as they ripened.

If I were you I would let hem in the coop for a while tomarrow to get used to there new surroundings other than today to help so they no that is home my turkey it took her about 3 weeks I didn't think she would be able to fit through the door and I couldn't find her that day and then I was walking past window of the coop to go ask my dad where penny was and he didn't know and then heck I see her in the window on the roost looking right at me.d he didn't put her in there she just scrapes her legs and body as low as she can go and just shimmys through the door. And now that she is broody she will just plop where ever you put her because she is so determined the other day I had her locked out of her nest and she went and laid done out in the rain in the compost box so I let her back in she is such a pain.

The grow out pen they were in is right beside the coop. They have to pass the coop door to get to it. They sat eggs for a couple weeks in that pen and the babies hatched May 5, so I think I can risk letting them out. The fence is a long chute out to the pasture, so we can always herd them into it and push them to the coop (ah the best laid plans!). Besides, we need to work in the coop and I do not want to try working with that mob "helping".

Feedman...heat & humidity setting in here too. Heading to Ste. Gen later this week. Noticed the hot forecast...:(

Gevshiba...my turkeys love it when I'm working on something. I call them the inspector generals. Any tool is subject to inspection. Goofballs....

my mystery poult is not a bronze, here is a picture of her brother

What are the mystery poults parents?

From the mystery poult pics. With the barring in the wings. She does contain black wing bronze.

The coloration of her body leads to believe bronze or narragansett.

Mystery poults brother bronze and black Spanish cross of some sort.

What are the mystery poults parents?

From the mystery poult pics. With the barring in the wings. She does contain black wing bronze.

The coloration of her body leads to believe bronze or narragansett.

Mystery poults brother bronze and black Spanish cross of some sort.
The father is a barred chocolate, and the mother is a chocolate/bourbon red hybrid( Bb Rr e) here's a picture of the barred chocolate tom.

Back
Top Bottom