A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Well folks sad news to report on my end, I lost Mars a week and a half ago. It has been an emotional rollercoaster since with every emotion from anger towards the scientists who breed BB birds to grief. I do miss my little buddy, but this is the down side to BB birds.

My wife had gotten a couple more BB pullets and started socializing them but Mars wasn't real pleased with these two coming into our lives, she had taken to mothering them right before she died but I don't know what if anything they may have picked up from her. We had also found a Black Spanish/Black Norfolk Tom that Mars put a whooping on.

Just two days ago I was at our local feed store and found two Rio Grande Wilds pullets I'm socializing them now to try to get something that isn't going to end up dead in a year.

I miss my little buddy greatly

So sorry to hear about your loss, Turkey. :(

I'm super excited about my three BBB turkey poults. We got them about 3-4 weeks ago from the local feed store. Our plan is to raise them for food, but I can already tell we will probably not slaughter all three. However, given that they're BBB's, I may do that anyway and get a smaller, non-modified heritage breed that will live longer. :) So far, they're having fun jumping up on the stall walls and running around outside during the day. Today it was hot here (around 95 F) so we did have to cool them down a little. Wet cloths and then a quick dip in some cool water. They actually really enjoyed it and kept trying to jump in the bucket themselves.

Last edited:
Well hopefully someone can help id what he really is.

My new tom.

Front view

Close up of breast feathers.

Bourbon for comparison.

New tom tail feathers.

Face to face with bourbon

In strut

Wow, Coco! That's crazy! I'm sure I'll see it eventual but I just can't pixie any of my girls going viscous like that lol.

Speaking of which, Eve lost one of her poults yesterday. It wasn't anything that she did. Apparently, when it hatched, it hatched with an unabsorbed yolk sack which apparently broke on the wood chips. I did give her one more poult though. So far, she is being a great mom to get two chicks and two poults. I put some food and water beside her yesterday and she was talking to them and taking them about it. I saw the two chicks eating so far. The poults are being shy.

I still haven't seen any of mine get in the kiddie pool that I have for them. I guess they just haven't figured it out yet. I put a couple of them in it but they jump right back out.

Well folks sad news to report on my end, I lost Mars a week and a half ago. It has been an emotional rollercoaster since with every emotion from anger towards the scientists who breed BB birds to grief. I do miss my little buddy, but this is the down side to BB birds.

My wife had gotten a couple more BB pullets and started socializing them but Mars wasn't real pleased with these two coming into our lives, she had taken to mothering them right before she died but I don't know what if anything they may have picked up from her. We had also found a Black Spanish/Black Norfolk Tom that Mars put a whooping on.

Just two days ago I was at our local feed store and found two Rio Grande Wilds pullets I'm socializing them now to try to get something that isn't going to end up dead in a year.

I miss my little buddy greatly

I'm so sorry to hear about Mars :(

Feedman-personally, I think he looks like a regal red. Adam is that lighter shade and Porter told me that he was a Bourbon buff and that breeding two bourbon buffs together could produce regal red. I think that's what yours is.

Back
Top Bottom