A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Wow, that stinks..

First welcome to the thread.  Your going to have really skinny turkey at thanksgiving.  I do not know anything you can do to speed up the weight gain.  

As far as the fighting goes, they are turkeys, turkeys play snood pulling games all the time.  They are cool but do have a few bad habits. They even draw a little blood now and then, but they seldom really hurt each other.

Try not to judge them on human terms.  Judge them as turkeys.  You should have lots of Easter Turkeys though!

Good luck.

Maybe R2elk will have an idea for you, he is our nationally recognized turkey expert.

Thanks!
Well we couldn't fit any of them in our oven or XL deep fryer last year. So "skinny" is relative for this year.
Im not worried about size, just them getting dry in the oven without any fat.

Sure is good to be back home hanging with the flock! My turkeys missed me. Daisy took off and flew by me, right by my head, and flew for at least 30 feet. I'm 5'-8" and she was eye level. Never have seen her fly that high for so long. She landed & started doing her little happy dance, hopping & twirling. And since she's molting...feathers everywhere! Not sure what got into her, but she was sure enjoying herself!

Is brown gravy the same as beef gravy? I've always wondered what brown gravy is, I've never had it.
after you fry Mr.Rabbit there will be the leavings of the flour in the pan.you pour off the grease add about a 1/4 of flour. Heat it stir it. When it starts getting dark start adding water. Keep stirring till the gravy starts to thicken

First frost already? You must be up higher in the mountains.

Nope, just outside of Casper at a mile high elevation. First frost last year was August 27th. This is way too early to have to be worrying about frost on the garden. First frost around here has usually been the end of the first week of September. and then nothing until the same time again in October.

R2elk! Wow! Frost in August is something i can't wrap my mind around!!

Unfortunately I can...
rant.gif

R2Elk - Oh my!! Frost already?!! I hope your garden did okay.. There seems to have been really strange weather all over this year.

We are warmer and drier than usual this summer, and I hear that we're going to be colder than usual this winter (which I am not excited about).

Back
Top Bottom