A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ralph...that's exciting. Can you tell what sex they are? You said they are sold....how long will you keep them? I'm really looking forward to your Mr.T babies. It's going to be fun sorting out the colors!

Aurora. ...can you tell what color your pouts will be yet? Or can you tell who the moms are?

I misspoke, I should have said all the girls are sold.

I am going to try to talk Coffee into taking one of the boys. She could raise it in a box until she moves or out it out with her hens in a couple weeks. She would have a perfect rooster this summer. By the first of June he would look full grown with a good comb. There is no better eye candy than a Creamer!

Also she wanted the blue egg gene, well here she has it undiluted and ready to go.

I am going to text her later today, unless she shows up here.

Does Coffee have a roo now?

I have a lot of ambition today! It's supposed to be in the mid 40's and sunny! I'm planning to sit in a chair, in the sun, with a great cup of coffee & watch my birds be birds! Daisy hasn't had much lap time lately. Not sure who enjoys it more. ..me of her! :D

I picked out a mixed breed Rooster for her, half EE and half Creamette. It is a pretty boy with nice wing patches, but he has a frost bitten comb.

She wants a friendly rooster that is eye candy The one I have has some belly button tendencies. IF she raised her own from scratch (or 2) she would have a friendly bird like she wants.

My Daughter and grand daughter are stopping in here today, once they leave I am going out to build breeding coops. that will double for brooders later this spring.

Oh and to answer your question. She does not have one with her now. She lives in a city that will not allow them and limits her to 6 birds...Hence the new farm.. Chicken math hit her hard, right between the eyes!

Last edited:
Ralph...that's exciting. Can you tell what sex they are? You said they are sold....how long will you keep them? I'm really looking forward to your Mr.T babies. It's going to be fun sorting out the colors!

Aurora. ...can you tell what color your pouts will be yet? Or can you tell who the moms are?

Not positive but I think they're red bronze and that Pebbles is probably mom. She was the first to be mated and the first to lay so I'm pretty sure. I'll know for sure later on when I get them all out.

All poults are cute!! I need some red bronze. Hopefully I will get some this year.

I look at the printouts from the turkey calculator and just dream of them, the list is like a "Who's who" in the turkey world.

Aww...Pebbles babies! Can't wait to see then in the brooder!

Ralph your going to end up with turkey pics all over Porters site!

WE counted and sexed the chicks!

7 girls and 4 boys. So I have 3 extra boys is all. One of the boys is sold!

I am happy with the ratio of boys to girls even if not happy with the hatch rate yet.

I just went outside to check on the chicken in the smoker.. Which smells so good!!.

Anyways as I step off the deck I see Ethel Jr has a rooster by the tail and is pulling the feather out as the rooster escapes into the coop. He managed to keep the feather. But I have to wonder what I walked into the middle of. Ethel Jr is not a normally mean hen, she is so like Ethel, just mellow and close to a tolerant ( in time she will be a lapper)

Back
Top Bottom