A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I am patiently waiting for Mabel to start laying... I need to do a test hatch so we can figure out what Mr. T is!

I gave up on my foam incubator, but I might use it for at least the first week or two after hatch..

I use mine as a hatcher but only the forced air hovabator. I have a still air that I have stitting around for emergencies only. In a couple weeks, I may need it. I don't think I can fit over 90 eggs in one to hatch lol. Easter weekend will be crazy in this house!

I use mine as a hatcher but only the forced air hovabator. I have a still air that I have stitting around for emergencies only. In a couple weeks, I may need it. I don't think I can fit over 90 eggs in one to hatch lol. Easter weekend will be crazy in this house!
Is that when all the eggs I sent are set to hatch, in addition to your own? That will be a busy time.

I'm extra careful now to thoroughly vet anyone looking for chicks around Easter. Had a bad buyer last year, I literally forgot it was Easter weekend until he calls from the cell on the way home to ask what they eat . . .
somad.gif

Is that when all the eggs I sent are set to hatch, in addition to your own? That will be a busy time.

I'm extra careful now to thoroughly vet anyone looking for chicks around Easter. Had a bad buyer last year, I literally forgot it was Easter weekend until he calls from the cell on the way home to ask what they eat . . .:mad:

Argh, people, seriously!

The ones you sent me are due to hatch the week before Easter BUT that's just the chicken eggs. Even that hatch is going to be crazy! Easter weekend will be all the turkey eggs you sent me plus whatever eggs I set for the hatch a long. There are over 60 on my counter right now and I all have tomorrow and Friday to go!

I guess I was kinda rolling both hatches into one. I've got to try to get the garage brooder available by then to handle all these little ones! Lol

It doesn't help that I found bantam polish chicks available 10 minutes from my house for $2.50 each. I told the guy i'd takes them off his hands lol

Argh, people, seriously!

The ones you sent me are due to hatch the week before Easter BUT that's just the chicken eggs. Even that hatch is going to be crazy! Easter weekend will be all the turkey eggs you sent me plus whatever eggs I set for the hatch a long. There are over 60 on my counter right now and I all have tomorrow and Friday to go!

I guess I was kinda rolling both hatches into one. I've got to try to get the garage brooder available by then to handle all these little ones! Lol

It doesn't help that I found bantam polish chicks available 10 minutes from my house for $2.50 each. I told the guy i'd takes them off his hands lol
It's clearly your duty to buy those chicks and provide a good home for them. Did you mention what color they are? I think the white crested blacks are pretty neat looking.

It's clearly your duty to buy those chicks and provide a good home for them. Did you mention what color they are? I think the white crested blacks are pretty neat looking.

That's what they are, white crested black :) I honestly like the silver laced and tolbunt but these are beautiful too. He showed me his adults and said he had to trim their crest because they had big icecicles (brain fart! I can't remember how to spell that) dangling down off their heads from drinking out of the water dish lol

I'm extra careful now to thoroughly vet anyone looking for chicks around Easter. Had a bad buyer last year, I literally forgot it was Easter weekend until he calls from the cell on the way home to ask what they eat . . .:mad:

Well.. I have someone, I think, that has a Sportsman incubator.. I'm paying $1 every hatch... as long as that works out, I think I will continue, but if it doesn't, I'm going to get a sportsman myself.
I'm sick... this stuff is addictive. ..

Back
Top Bottom