A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

5-5 my son b day. A lot of people have birthdays anniversary on these day. Your turkeys will love that day or any day. What a blessing.

It's chilly down here this morning. Low 50's. But the girls love it. Hopping around in circles flapping. Goofballs. Not sure what happened, but Daisy was displaying yesterday. I was grooming a dog & heard weird noises. When I walked over to see what was going on, Daisy had her tail in the air. Annie or the chickens didn't see bothered by anything. I did see a dove fly off. Maybe that was what upset her. It's only the 2nd time I've seen her do that.

It's chilly down here this morning. Low 50's. But the girls love it. Hopping around in circles flapping. Goofballs. Not sure what happened, but Daisy was displaying yesterday. I was grooming a dog & heard weird noises. When I walked over to see what was going on, Daisy had her tail in the air. Annie or the chickens didn't see bothered by anything. I did see a dove fly off. Maybe that was what upset her. It's only the 2nd time I've seen her do that.

Yeah yeah yeah.... We know you have bad weather... your coffee will cool off in a second outside,blah blah blah..

This is what has me in such a bad mood.. I took this just a minute ago..

I would take your 50s in a second...

Yeah yeah yeah.... We know you have bad weather... your coffee will cool off in a second outside,blah blah blah.. This is what has me in such a bad mood.. I took this just a minute ago.. I would take your 50s in a second...
Right there with you. Woke up to snow and freezing temps and a winter weather advisory for tomorrow :/

Wow...Ralph that snow would shut down Memphis. I'll quit complaining until summer sets in. Then it's miserable here....

Yeah yeah yeah.... We know you have bad weather... your coffee will cool off in a second outside,blah blah blah..

This is what has me in such a bad mood.. I took this just a minute ago..

I would take your 50s in a second...
Here in Virginia, I'm supposed to get snow tomorrow...

Thank you to all who answered my question about the Ivermectin; I would have thanked you sooner but I've had a long week.

My broody BR hen's eggs are set to start hatching any day. I'm so excited! Has anyone else hatched poults lately?

We are hatching right now - but they are French Black Copper Marans chicks. I have a question for you, though. We are hatching our first chicks au naturel - instead of in an incubator - ie.. under a mama hen. Mama is in a nesting box that is 3 ft in the air. Should I move her to another house where she can feed the chicks without them falling and breaking their necks?

If so, move her at night? She is still sitting on 8 other eggs that haven't pipped yet. Move her and the chick and eggs together?

Do I put a small dish of chick feed in the house with them so she can show the chicks the dish of food?

Thanks for any advice you can give me about hens!

I did agility with my first Boston. I lost her last year just short of 15. She had her ADCH and MACH. She was 4 QQ from her MACH 2 when I retired her, due to cataracts. She was a super fun dog. I have another who should have been a great agility dog, but he's also a rescue and he can't handle the stress. Sorry, I couldn't resist! BTW, this dog was 12.5 inches tall. That bar is set at 16". She's jumping at the 26" jump cup height. It wasn't efficient, but she was a crowd favorite.
Your dog was stunning! She's in such amazing shape in those pictures :) I have to ask, was she raw fed too? Just curious. I thought about getting my bulldog mix into agility when she was young. She LOVED to run. Heck, she still loves to run, when her body will let her. Unfortunately, she's the result of Backyard breeding and has so many issues. They weren't obvious then but now, at only 4 years old, there are days where she can't walk because her joints hurt so bad. She can't hear well because of the constant ear infections she gets from all her allergies, and she can't see well anymore since she had to have the glands removed from her eyes (cherry eye) and now gets dry eye issues every winter. But when she's feeling good (like today) there's absolutely no stopping her! She will run full speed around the yard, crashing through anything in her way. If you're not watching her, she may plow right through your legs, and you doing to the ground HARD and keep on going like nothing even happened lol. She's mixed with rottie btw. Apparently a few generations ago.

Puppy illness and allergies and walking issues can't see well I can relate.we like to get ours back to training for agility courses again.we our working on issues. Will not be before July we can put turkey and dogs issues together

I have a hen now that is determined she wants to get broody. I have gotten her off the nest twice to get the eggs.

She is a little more tempremantal each time. Flaring feathers and starting to hiss tonight.

The only bad thing she's right a year old and there was only 2 eggs in the nest. Would better if she waited for a few more.

Since she is so determined might separate her and let her have her own little clutch.

Back
Top Bottom