A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Has anyone else tried diapers on their turkeys? My wife decided to try size 6 baby diapers, they seem to work pretty good. The birds don't enjoy them very much but they'll get used to it.

I have not tried diapers on big turkeys, but there are chicken diapers out there. They are washable, with a pouch on the back end to catch poo, and a snap between the shoulder. My mother in law sewed me some out of cloth diaper fabric. I don't see why sewn larger, they wouldn't work for turkey too.

I keep chicken diapers for when I have sickie chickens that temporarily become house birds. They hang in the coop where I can find them. Fun colors!
1f606.png

Heat index expected to be around 110 today. Making wearing this cast pure joy.:(

Loving all the baby pics!

Ralph...how is your tree hugger doing? Would love an update!

Turkeyparent....ive seen the duck & goose folks using diapers. Ask on their threads about where they get 'em.

Heat index expected to be around 110 today. Making wearing this cast pure joy.
sad.png

Loving all the baby pics!

Ralph...how is your tree hugger doing? Would love an update!

Turkeyparent....ive seen the duck & goose folks using diapers. Ask on their threads about where they get 'em.

She is doing great. I have not seen her outside in over a week. I shine a light in once and awhile to see if she is still alive and she just sits there staring straight ahead. She does not even turn her head a little.

I did tell you it is not Lizzie, but Margaret, didn't I?

I thought Margaret was being really friendly, so the other day while giving "Margaret" her loving, I looked at her NPIP number and checked the records, I was wrong on which one it is. Having those two is like Identical twins so hard to tell apart.

Yeah it can be tough to tell them apart. Especially since their feather pattern changes after each molt. Any idea when her hatch date is?

George is still alive. Today he decided he did not want to stay in the bowl. He still isn't walking and appears weak. I got him to eat more egg/crumble mix and he is starting to get an attitude with the eye dropper when I'm dosing him with water.

I'm thinki.g that's a good sign,Right?? My dear wife thinks they are chickens.As long as my son doesn't rat me out I'm gonna just pretend they are funny looking chickens....he he he

Back
Top Bottom