A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Good morning All, guess I'm feeling a little sentimental, emotional, happy, thankful, love my life, whatever it is.. I'm sitting here having coffee by myself on my beautiful new deck at my beautiful new farm with my three very well behaved puppies (fingers xx'ed they stay this way for just a bit ) my phone is working my Family and friends are overall healthy and happy. Life is beautiful.. I was thinking about the few people in my life that have truly changed it in someway and I would like to thank Ralphie and his wife Judy for being 2 of those people. When I was going through a change in my life after my 1st husband died and seemed to be going a little crazy I meet Ralphie through BYC and from there my life went into a NEW direction. I'm happy where it has taken me.. And I thank Ralphie and Judy for so much more then they could know about.. Thank You BYC for giving me the opportunity to meet them..

Oh wow, this is going to ruin my reputation!

I have spend half a century cultivating the idea I am an undesirable epicenter of a horses backside and then you say these things...

BTW Judy is not a nice person!

BYC is a cool place though...

Thanks for saying the nice things about her, She needs to become nicer,

I am so happy things are going so well for you. After all the bad stuff happened you need good stuff to happen...

Ralph, I'm sorry to hear of the losses. I really hope you catch whatever did it :(

BTW, your "parrot" is a cockatiel. I used to have one named Sunshine when I was a kid. Yours like like a girl :) Most likely an escaped pet. Sunshine got loose once as a kid but we got him back.

Last edited:
Coffee: glad life is going good.

Sorry about your losses ralph.

I have a new predator as well. Lost couple young poults.

Mine has wings though as they seem to show up around this time of year.

I think I have a raccoon stalking my flock; I found a headless cockerel during morning chores. And I didn't have time to see if I could find my favorite pullet. Hopefully she was just not being a pig like the other juveniles, but that coon may have taken 2 of my best juveniles.

I think I have a raccoon stalking my flock; I found a headless cockerel during morning chores. And I didn't have time to see if I could find my favorite pullet. Hopefully she was just not being a pig like the other juveniles, but that coon may have taken 2 of my best juveniles.

May it die, soon!

Sorry about your losses...Good luck on protecting them..

Ralph, I'm sorry to hear of the losses. I really hope you catch whatever did it
sad.png

BTW, your "parrot" is a cockatiel. I used to have one named Sunshine when I was a kid. Yours like like a girl
smile.png
Most likely an escaped pet. Sunshine got loose once as a kid but we got him back.

We knew it was a cockatiel, when we got a good look at it. I did not advertise that on craigslist, I simply put it was a house pet type bird that escaped and seems to like women more than men...They have to describe it to me and it's jewelry. Otherwise, I think someone would claim it just to sell it. If it is going to be sold, I will be the seller....
celebrate.gif
I really hope the owner gets it back.

I have two royal palm turkeys today. Well, really I'm sure they're the neighbor's turkeys. Two jakes. They are very pretty. They've never been over here before, but I don't think the neighbors are feeding their animals very well right now. Their potbelly pig keeps coming over and cleaning out my feeders and I've been feeding their pekin ducks sporadically for over a year. I think the turkeys wandered further than usual looking for food and when I went out and filled the feeders for the day they were right on them. I don't mind as long as it doesn't become a usual thing (or if the turkeys just move in and stay - that's happened before with their birds too, it's how I got my first chickens). I'm going to need to tell them they have to keep the pig penned up though - it's been cleaning out my feeders and I can't afford to keep feeding a pig that's not mine. Plus it's a boar and isn't friendly toward humans - the last thing I need is to get gored when it's older and doesn't like me chasing it off from my feed.

Hi, Pyxis! That's very kind of you to feed your neighbor's neglected animals. If you truly feel that they aren't taking care of them, you need to contact your local humane society. I'm afraid that if you tell your neighbors to keep their pig penned up, they might just let it starve to death ... Thank you for helping these poor animals out!!!
1f60a.png
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom