A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

The trees are already turning yellow here and its not even September. I fewr we r going to have an early winter here.... Its gonna bite...

Unfortunately I can...
rant.gif

Of course you can, this was caused by a cold front that blew down straight from the north.
he.gif

R2Elk - Oh my!! Frost already?!! I hope your garden did okay.. There seems to have been really strange weather all over this year.

We are warmer and drier than usual this summer, and I hear that we're going to be colder than usual this winter (which I am not excited about).

I turned the sprinkler on the garden just to be safe. Others in the state haven't been so fortunate. It is warming right back up today with the sunshine. Yesterday's high was 54°. That is just not right for August. Yesterday was only the second day that we got moisture this month and it was only a 1/4".

Yeah that storm blew through Billings too, we got a nice rain out of it. Definitely cooler this year. Then again, I remember seeing snow in July before. It melts fast, but it happens, usually higher up. Billings is lower, we are at 3000 feet.

Yeah, where I am in Montana we typically see only 12 inches of rain a year on average. I wouldn't know how to handle keeping house in the damp!

I don't think I've ever lived anywhere damp. We visited my great grandfather while he was still alive in Iowa. I felt like the air was so thick I could scoop it! Sweat wouldn't evaporate! It was like being in a sauna, and the only way you could cool off was a cool shower. The whole thing blew my 12 year old mind!

Humidity! Here in the south you can drown by breathing too deeply!

R2elk..my uncle lives about 20 miles from Gettysburg. Its beautiful there. I love the old stone structures.

Back
Top Bottom