A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Fiesty, my Bourbon, Annie, is quite the guard turkey. She barks at anything or anyone unfamiliar. Daisy is more layed back about things. Is it just a difference in my two girls temperaments or are Bourbons more reactive? I know Annie is much more vocal. Love the pic of Big Bird. She's beautiful!

Now Ralphie....you realize the Porter posse is at that delinquent age! And by the way, how about some updated pictures??

They sure are at the delinquent age.

I was so mad at the 5 that someone snuck around me in the tall grass and weeds and went back. They were just enjoying life chasing grasshoppers and doing everything little turkeys do.

They just have no awareness as to the dangers around them. My old turkeys will hang with them some, but the old ones are too lazy to walk 100 yards in any one direction.

There are some real characters in the bunch. The bronzes are nice looking as are the royal Palms. I have no idea what I am going to do with one white turkey, I think it is a hen. It has been raining so much they are way too dirty to take pictures of.

They are in jail for a day or two now.

I am thinking about showing a turkey at the Minnesota bird show, I have one nice hen, or I think she is nice. No nicks, cuts or signs of the abuse they seem to bring on themselves. I would have loved to show Sidekick, but he went and screwed his toes up and messed his head up with his silly snood pulling games. It seems a show bird has to almost live in isolation to stay free from the things they do to each other,

Oh i hope you decide to show the turkey hen!! At least separate her and start working with her. You can always decide not to show her, but time is slipping away for show training.

Wish i could show Daisy. No shows close enough here. She may not be the best specimen but she has a show winning pick me attitude!! As a judge myself, when reviewing a group of "also rans", my default is the one who is asking to win.

Come on Ralphie! Represent for us turkey folk!!!!

Anybody want to make a quess....toms or hens

Last edited:
Countrygirl....not sure how old your birds are but they look like hens to me.

Ok Ralphie....explain your turkey litterbox to Countrygirl!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom