A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

home for two nights then back out of town. First thing i did when i came in was go check on the birds. :)

We have have 4 days of rain so I will be busy when it finally dries out the chickens and turkeys are use to sleeping out so when it got muddy they still wanted to sleep out UGH

Something very interesting happened last night. When I was putting the turkeys all away, Adam was giving me a hard time again (his sons move in today) so I pinned him down like I do when he's acting like that. When I had him down, he was fighting it, kicking and struggling. My Romeo came running over full speed in attack mode, feathers fluffed and legs kicking, all directed at Adam. I didn't want him to get beat up (and I was taken by surprise) so I left him go. Romeo immediately snuggled up to me like he had saved me from a terrible threat. It was like he was saying "it's ok mama, I've got you". I love this bird more and more every day lol.

Wow Romeo! He did "save" you...what a guy! Looking forward to pics of Adam's sons.

Right after i got Daisy, I had her loose in the yard & reached down to grab her. She started flapping & my Australorp hen Thelma flew in feet first on the attack. Surprised the heck out of me. I don'tdon't think she was "saving" me. I think she thought I was killing her & wanted to help!

Well, that didn't quite work out as planned. Adam's "sons" were both daughters! The lady was very surprised to hear it and I showed her the white edges on their breast feathers. She's now happy to keep her girls and eat their eggs lol. Oh well. I guess Adam had a stay of execution and will be here till at least after spring till I can raise up some of his boys to replace him.

Finally had a sunny day after several days of rain. The girls had a blast and after an initial run around the yard settled into some dirt holes....the happy chirps just kill me :)

Coco made such a racket and bathed so long that when she got up, she was staggering like a drunk turkey while the blood flow returned to her legs. There was a brief flurry of uncoordinated and undignified feet kicking and feathers flapping when she tipped over onto her back (her first attempt to get up) :gig

Big Bird trying to decide if she'll fit in the little hole that the chickens just got out of....

Miss curiosity.... If I bring out the camera, she has to check what it is (up close and personal).

I was going to make a thread about it, but I figured I would try here first,

We're looking to get some Sweetgrass poults and wondering, where besides porters do you guys recommend your searching/shopping? (We want to do some research before we 100% settle)

Hey GabrielBane...hopefully someone here may have an idea. Sweetgrass are beautiful birds. Good luck finding some.

Fiesty...wish you could have entered Coco's dust bath pic in the Dust Bath Contest! Its a great shot!! And the head shot of Big Bird is amazing! Your girls look great. Honestly, I can sit for hours watching my turkeys in a dust bath. Love those happy chirps they make!

Adam has no idea how lucky he is!! Aurora, hopefully he'll use his "stay" wisely!

JR....looks like the Palms have ousted the dog....thats a funny picture.

Back
Top Bottom