A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Trust me, a big fat tom is first on the girls Christmas list! I tried to talk my sister into letting Daisy be part of her Thanksgiving decorations, but it was a no go. I could load them up & take them with me....got a great dog yard at my house in Ste. Genevieve. Not sure what I would do with them at night. Guess I could crate them. Wish they could come, I fret when I have to leave them. My sitter is great, but she doesn't spend the time I do with them. They just need to get over it.

Ralph, speaking of house birds....do you still have that cockateal you found?

Feedman - hoping your girl heals up okay!

Memphis - I keep telling you that I have just the boy Daisy and Annie need :lol: A small road trip involved....but I'm sure it would be worth it to enhance your girls' lives :p

The predicted temperatures did not arrive today....not terribly surprised, it snowed more and didn't rain. I really could have used a little defrosting so I could get stuff done. I'm now procrastinating on packing and will probably end up throwing everything in a bag at the last minute :rolleyes: Although I did manage to book long term airport parking for my car and clean the barn today lol.

I know a man who has scars on both sides of his face because he had a tom mount his head while he was working on his turkey pen.  It really is not a good thing to tolerate that type of behavior.

Don't worry, he gets a swift kick in the pants whenever he starts acting Randy around my Esther. To be honest, he has gotten much better with age. He will be 2 in the spring. He used to be much more amorous, and would dance for anything or anyone who could stand being near them.

It rained all night here and temperatures Soured up to 48! All of the snow melted and filled the creeks everywhere. They were all as deep as they could get and deeper than I've ever seen them. BUT our heart wave was not to last. It dropped from 48-30 from 8am-2 pm and is now down to 24 with a new dusting id snow. This weather is weird!

That Cockatiel, has a name you know!!

It is now "Pretty Bird". We do not have it we gave it to the WW's other daughter. They love it. I have not seen it in a few months but Judy has. I guess it is doing fine.

It is not a cuddler though. It bites if you reach for it in the cage, but loves to have attention without touching.
Don't worry, he gets a swift kick in the pants whenever he starts acting Randy around my Esther. To be honest, he has gotten much better with age. He will be 2 in the spring. He used to be much more amorous, and would dance for anything or anyone who could stand being near them.

Toms are like men the older the better they are....... I am approaching perfect now.

Glad Pretty Bird has a good home ! Talking about birds with Feisty & Finnie I began to wonder what happened to it.

Feedma, maybe the hen can roost in the Christmas tree! Poor girl, hope she'll be ok.

Fiesty, I'm assuming Big Bird got her companion animal certification. Did you get her her own seat, or will she be riding on your lap?

Esther made a colorful turkey tree for Christmas. She loves turkeys an awful lot.

Bantambird - Esther's tree is wonderful! One can never have enough turkey decor :)

Memphis - Unfortunately Big Bird did not get her certification in time (besides New Zealand is a little tough on the agricultural things coming into the country) :lol:

Bantambird - Esther's tree is wonderful! One can never have enough turkey decor
smile.png

Memphis - Unfortunately Big Bird did not get her certification in time (besides New Zealand is a little tough on the agricultural things coming into the country)
lol.png

Speaking of things going to New Zealand...

The tickets.....well....

Not here yet!

Back
Top Bottom