A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Cecal poop vs regular poop

These are overnight poops from a 7 year old rooster that appears to be quite healthy. On the left is a normal cecal poop, on the right are pretty normal regular poops, though one pile has a little spec of red.

This is the same poop moved to a paper towel. regular poop on top, cecal on bottom.

Same poop again. Notice the creamy texture of the cecal poop compared to the regular poop. Interestingly, I think maybe I can see a cecal worm in this picture. Will go back and see if I can verify.

Normal peafowl cecal poop:

Abnormal peafowl cecal poop:

Abnormal chicken cecal poop:

-Kathy

For some reason the Christmas fudge I was munching on lost its appeal to me.....

THANK YOU!! I had no clue about any of that! I worked about 10 years total as a vet tech but we didn't do birds so I never learned that kind of stuff. I assumed diarrhea type poo was a sure sign of illness. So again you all have taught me something important. Thanks again. Going out to check on them again. Will let ya know if things are normal.

The Poop Pro strikes again! LOL! Ralphie, I lost it when she described cecal poop as creamy!! Love it!!

The Poop Pro strikes again! LOL! Ralphie, I lost it when she described cecal poop as creamy!! Love it!!
I forgot about the third type of poo... this is what I call "The Combo", it's part cecal poop, part regular poop.
big_smile.png

that I call "the combo", it's mosty cecal poop, but has a little regular poop matter, too.

The Combo

-Kathy

Wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I fly out tomorrow :cd and lose Christmas Eve day in transit.

Ralph - did you get your tickets or did the postal service keep them???

I'll probably be on periodically to get my turkey/poultry fix - so please post lots of pictures, some of us will need them :D. Spent most of my day with the birds today, cleaned out the barn really well and put a new roof over half of the hens outside run. DH will look after everyone, but he doesn't give them the same amount of attention that I do. I did tell DH that he could send Turkules to freezer camp while I'm gone - he won't have the patience to put up with his shennanigans every day. Unfortunately Turkules has had every opportunity to get over his attitude, but it's been a year and he still attacks everyone he sees (including me). It's probably long overdue, but I've been procrastinating :/

I'll probably be on periodically to get my turkey/poultry fix - so please post lots of pictures, some of us will need them :D. Spent most of my day with the birds today, cleaned out the barn really well and put a new roof over half of the hens outside run. DH will look after everyone, but he doesn't give them the same amount of attention that I do. I did tell DH that he could send Turkules to freezer camp while I'm gone - he won't have the patience to put up with his shennanigans every day. Unfortunately Turkules has had every opportunity to get over his attitude, but it's been a year and he still attacks everyone he sees (including me). It's probably long overdue, but I've been procrastinating :/

Merry Christmas to you as well

Have a safe fun trip.

Be safe Feisty! Your the one who needs to post pics!! Hope you have a great time!

I told my bird sitter to give Daisy & Annie lots of hugs....didn't go over well. :(

Looks like its going to be 70 in Memphis for Christmas & in the 60's up in St. Louis. How cool! No snow or ice.

Merry Christmas! Stay safe on your travels!

Back
Top Bottom