A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Wow, how many do you have now? That sounds like a dramatic drop.

I have 25 turkeys. I might lose 2 tonight s they are stupid and I did not get home until after dark. They were roosting on the fence and not in the coop. I thought I would pick them up and put them in the coop. The flew into the woods then took off running into the deeper woods.

I am reducing my birds in general. I want larger breeding pens and to concentrate on certain breeds (yet to ne determined) that do well in the cold and that I have good show stock or can make show stock from.

I want to be able to leave here for a few days at a time and not have to worry too much about them. If I have larger pens with less birds in the pens I could do that. I also have gotten to like working with the best birds and keeping them in the barn living the posh life for now. I need pens to get them outside but not free range where they can get picked off. Cuddles needs to be protected!

At all costs, protect Cuddles! How 'bout some Cuddles pictures?

Got home this afternoon. The birds rushed me all a twitter! Im not sure my chickens care much, but my turkeys sure do! Sure miss them when I'm gone.

At all costs, protect Cuddles! How 'bout some Cuddles pictures?

Got home this afternoon. The birds rushed me all a twitter! Im not sure my chickens care much, but my turkeys sure do! Sure miss them when I'm gone.

Aw, I bet the girls are thrilled that you are home!

Haven't found any turkeys here yet - but checked out some baby gannets today :). They are pretty stinking cute too, little white fuzz balls.

Fiesty...they are cute. But dang, look at those beaks! Hope your enjoying the New Zealand turkey search!! :lol:

Gee....I get to clean coops today. The girls will be thrilled. They take every opportunity to closely supervise all activity. Its going to be 55 today. Then rain moves in. After being gone for 5 days I've got lots of catching up to do. After all the food & family I'm looking forward to spending the day outside hanging with the girls. I'm also contemplating the fact that I'd rather spend time with my turkeys vs most of my family. Hmmmm.....

You should... but so they don't teach the others.
hide.gif
you had one and now you have two night owls...soon it will be three and then all
barnie.gif

You are psycho! How did you know this?

I should have taken their heads. I thought I had the two out last night, somehow they made it through the night. When I looked out this morning there are 3 of them outside the door of the coop. 3 turkeys could turn into the whole flock at this rate.

Memphis I am glad you are getting a bird fix again. Anne is happy again.

Feisty those cute little things look dangerous, even a love tap with that beak could blind you. I think a Red Ryder BB gun is safer.

I would rather spend time with my birds than most people.

Last edited:
You are psycho! How did you know this?

I should have taken their heads. I thought I had the two out last night, somehow they made it through the night. When I looked out this morning there are 3 of them outside the door of the coop. 3 turkeys could turn into the whole flock at this rate.

Memphis I am glad you are getting a bird fix again. Anne is happy again.

Feisty those cute little things look dangerous, even a love tap with that beak could blind you. I think a Red Ryder BB gun is safer.

I would rather spend time with my birds than most people.
I have been called psycho before LOL ... one starts and the rest say, 'if they can do it so can I'

Ralph,ditto on birds over people. At work I walk around asking people,"You have any chickens?" If they say No, I tell them I can't talk to THEM. and walk away.... get some real funny reactions

Ralph,ditto on birds over people. At work I walk around asking people,"You have any chickens?" If they say No, I tell them I can't talk to THEM. and walk away.... get some real funny reactions

Eventually everyone finds out I have birds. Then the questions. Once they find out I know some things, the new chicken owners heap on the queries. I work at a hospital, so it's sometimes funny to be stopped by doctors with fancy degrees and fat bank accounts just to ask my opinion on winter feeding rations and wether to heat the coop or not and the options for coop heating, if I'm offering chicks this spring, and so on.
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom