A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My last blue slate.

The boys were displaying hard and gobbling at everything this morning.

maybe early spring?? I sure want some turkey eggs before end of march.

thinking about building a pen for a trio and adding some solar lighting to see if I could hurry some along.
That is a good looking Mottled Slate. As he gets older he will develop even more white feathers.

Last edited:
Yes MNnice, Daisy & Annie have two fans running in their pen 24/7 during the summer. Its so miserable here. In the dead of summer it usually never goes below 80 something even at night. And our humidity is off the charts. Just try to keep them comfortable. Its not unusual to find them napping in front of their fans. They may be spoiled.

R2elk...guineas sound tasty! Ralphie...you need to give it a try. Guinea pot pies, guinea tetrazzini, guinea & noodle soup, guinea & dumplings. Endless possibilities! R2elk, you need to write a guinea cookbook! Seriously, think how many you could sell over on the guinea thread once breeding season hits! :lau

Yes MNnice, Daisy & Annie have two fans running in their pen 24/7 during the summer. Its so miserable here. In the dead of summer it usually never goes below 80 something even at night. And our humidity is off the charts. Just try to keep them comfortable. Its not unusual to find them napping in front of their fans. They may be spoiled.

R2elk...guineas sound tasty! Ralphie...you need to give it a try. Guinea pot pies, guinea tetrazzini, guinea & noodle soup, guinea & dumplings. Endless possibilities! R2elk, you need to write a guinea cookbook! Seriously, think how many you could sell over on the guinea thread once breeding season hits!
lau.gif

There are already plenty of guinea cookbooks. They are served as a delicacy in some restaurants. I already wrote my own cookbook and need to get back to work on my mother's cookbook.

Remember that selling is prohibited in the regular threads. Also the people that frequent the Guinea Fowl forum for the most part would freak out about someone suggesting that they should eat their precious pets even after they become known terrorists.

I haven't gotten to eat a guinea in years because for some unknown reason there is a great demand for guineas around here. I often sell out of keets without ever advertising them. Not a year goes by without some unsolicited requests for adult guineas.

We got about 3/4" of snow during the night and everything looks so pretty and white out this chilly morning.

That really seems kind of one way and final...

Maybe you need to rethink it..
lau.gif

R2elk, I love the people on the Guinea threads. I have 1 or 2 or 3 guineas and they are so sweet and kind and never make a sound...You guy just make stuff up an lie about them,,,Why would you call them gangsters? You must abuse them to have them behave like that,,,and so on..

But then some people think bears, cougars and cobras make great pets too....
thumbsup.gif

They rank right up there with the people that want to raise their chickens to be vegans like they are....

Edited to correct an Ipnone autocorrect error.

Last edited:
Is this a peeking Tom?

And Voyeurs in training..

See the white one ......

She is going this week to live with Coffee and be Porters wife.

It is the only white Holland I got to hatch from the porter eggs.

Also breeding time is soon approaching,,, (MNNice already read this)

When I let the birds out this morning one of the Royal Palm Toms stood next to me puffed up and gave me the stink eye. I offered him the chance to attack, as I need to know who to cull next. I think he is asking to be the next one. I suppose this belongs on the turkey thread and not here....

I am wasting the day on the computer, and enjoying it!

Great shots Ralph! Judy must not be at home if they are congregating on the deck!
Raining here. Just noticed my two are sitting on my back porch.

Tell Coffee hi. Miss her posts.

R2elk, I have my grandma's recipes. Only problem is she would start writing them in english & finish in german. I think its great your working on your mom's recipes. There were things my mom made I wish I had the recipes for.

So...since your already tied up with a cookbook, next t ime someone complains about their mean guineas....just post a guinea pot pie recipe! (Obviously kidding....guinea folks would come after you with a fork!)

Feedman, that tom is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom