A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Guineas......road bumps.....hilarious!

We have a lot of wild turkeys that roam through our yard. Maybe my future turkeys will think "Hey, that's the life for me" and take off with them for a life of boozing and gambling. Then, I'll be sad.....forever. I'll have to put out fans in the Summer like Memphis so they'll stick around.

Once I got my own turkeys the wild ones stopped coming through my yard. The only wild one I have seen in 4 years was the floozy of a hen that tried to corrupt JJ last May.

Hey! Don't blame that poor wild hen! JJ's quite the smoozer....remember the vet...just saying...

And MNnice, the wilds may decide to stay in your yard...heck, free food and box fans!

Hey! Don't blame that poor wild hen! JJ's quite the smoozer....remember the vet...just saying...

And MNnice, the wilds may decide to stay in your yard...heck, free food and box fans!

It is hard to say the Lady Vet enticed JJ, but you never know. Maybe she was just JJ's type. Maybe she lead him on when I wasn't looking. It is hard to find any fault with JJ. He has been stepping away from me lately. I am thinking I need a warm day so JJ can have an hour of lap time.

They are really getting ready for the breeding season. Unbelievable how many snood pulling contest and how much strutting is going on.

I'm sure my girls have been thinking of laying for a few weeks now. Just a subtle change in behavior. I remember last year a bunch of us already had birds laying. Funny how they all seem to be synced up. Last year we had reports of December eggs from all over the country. So far this year I've noticed only one hen in Missouri just now starting to lay. I'm getting anxious for our girls to start.....miss those cute baby pictures!

And this weather! Supposed to be in the 70's today with inbound storms & tornadoes. By the end of the werk we may get snow flurries. Its annoying.

Yes I believe only one of our hens is laying now. Found another turkey egg in the coop last night. Our Silkie was sitting on it as well as a couple chicken eggs. This one was bigger than the first but happy to see it in where the chickens lay. So with any luck she will keep that up.

Back
Top Bottom