A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Good morning All,, -6 burrr,, just woke up hubby let me sleep late, he is on vacation. Dogs are all let out, dishes r done, house is vacuumed, coffee was on my bedside table, and birds r all feed and watered,,, I must still be sleeping and this is a dream,,,

Good morning All,, -6 burrr,, just woke up hubby let me sleep late, he is on vacation. Dogs are all let out, dishes r done, house is vacuumed, coffee was on my bedside table, and birds r all feed and watered,,, I must still be sleeping and this is a dream,,,

Wow again!!

It is 4 above here now.

Was -15 when I got up. Is John going Possum hunting today? How are you fixing yesterdays Possum, baked, fried or stew?

And then there is Aurora's husband who lets her brood in their bedroom & the incubator became a fixture in the living room! And Feisty's husband who will facebook the turkeys! Pretty cool guys!!

Now THAT is amazing! My husband did that a few times before but he doesn't even try to care for the birds anymore. He doesn't know how much food to give them or anything anymore lol

And then there is Aurora's husband who lets her brood in their bedroom & the incubator became a fixture in the living room! And Feisty's husband who will facebook the turkeys! Pretty cool guys!!

Lol, very true :) I think we have a great group of hubbys backing us up!

We get Chinook winds here, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not terribly far from r2elk. I'm near Billings Montana. Weather changes rapidly all year round. I've seen snow in the summer, or had it get to 70 in the winter. Generally things remain pretty predictable: hot in summer and cold in winter with very little shoulder seasons.

I understand that there is no question about protecting yourself or your family, but is the coop also in that category? by the law view of point ofcorse!, what is the punishment of killing one of those protect animals?

Usually it's a fine, possible jail time if they suspect poaching, but chickens count as livestock in my state, along with cows, sheep, goats, turkeys, horses, llamas, pretty much anything you might be able to earn a living raising en masse. If you can prove you are defending yourself and your property, most times you are let go. I live in a very rural state, so that affects the laws too.

I understand that there is no question about protecting yourself or your family, but is the coop also in that category? by the law view of point ofcorse!, what is the punishment of killing one of those protect animals?

Usually it's a fine, possible jail time if they suspect poaching, but chickens count as livestock in my state, along with cows, sheep, goats, turkeys, horses, llamas, pretty much anything you might be able to earn a living raising en masse. If you can prove you are defending yourself and your property, most times you are let go. I live in a very rural state, so that affects the laws too.

Thanks

I am a firm believer in the 3S's rule. It seems to work well.
lau.gif

Works even better if you do the second S on someone else property....
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom