A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I was asked if I had earthworms, so just after that I went out and took these pictures:

Mounds of dirt produced by worms under water tub.

Dry dirt

See these worms crawling up out of the dry dirt? They are doing it to get away from the bleach water that I had just poured on the dirt two feet away. A few minutes after pouring the bleach water on the ground there were hundreds of worms coming to the surface.

I was asked if I had earthworms, so just after that I went out and took these pictures:

Mounds of dirt produced by worms under water tub.

Dry dirt

See these worms crawling up out of the dry dirt? They are doing it to get away from the bleach water that I had just poured on the dirt two feet away. A few minutes after pouring the bleach water on the ground there were hundreds of worms coming to the surface.

Amazing!!

I know if I charged people a dollar and told them they could dig for an hour and I would pay them $100 a worm, I could get rich before any of them found a worm here.

R2elk says he lives on a sand dune. I literally do I live in the Minnesota Sand Dunes State Forest. Forest being an oxymoron because there are not many native trees in it.

Micah - Welcome to the thread! Have bourbons here too :)

Aurora - Traveling to Oregon....that's practically next door to me (it's the same coast lol). You should bring a crate and I'll send you back with a friendly bourbon boy to replace Adam :D

Finnie - adorable babies! Looking forward to seeing the babies you hatch. I still want SS, but haven't given in to temptation yet lol.

I don't worm my birds regularly either - glad I'm not the only one. I have wet, clay soil here and haven't had any issues with blackhead either.

Aurora....I've never flown Southwest. However, I actually worked on the Denver airport. Not the passenger terminal, but most of the cargo buildings & aircraft maintenance facilities. I was part of the team that relacated everything from the old Stapleton out to the new airport.

I don't know if Southwest is using just one terminal or not. When changing planes, if your staying in the same terminal 55 minutes will be ok. If you have to change terminals, wear your running shoes!!

Loving the worming talk. I havent wormed my girls either. They all seem fat & happy. Even my old 7 year old SS who is still laying a few eggs a week. She's amazing!

Kathy.....and I thought I had worms!! Wow! My chickens scratch around for them. And of course have a field day after a rain! The turkeys will eat one if they notice one, but they prefer to graze on plants. Actually, my turkeys aren't as ambitious as the chickens when it comes to foraging. They prefer to follow me around sticking their beaks into everything I'm doing. :rolleyes:

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do after I posted and ran yesterday! Aside from two chicken related pickups yesterday, we also had to take two of our cars to two different repair shops. (One transmission place is about 40 minutes away. We don't usually go there.) Fortunately we have our college son's car here to use, or we would have to schedule the work at separate times. And our college daughter is having a semester off, so her car is available too.

And also, today we get a new breaker box installed, so I actually need to get going with preparing my brooder and incubators for a day with no heat. I'll catch up on posts later. Oh, and I didn't mention the cracks in two eggs yesterday because I wanted to talk with Ralphie first. Sorry if I seemed to be misleading people. We think one of them can be repaired and set, but the other one may be iffy. I'm going to do some reading up on other people's experience with repaired cracks. I won't be setting those eggs until after our power is restored. I think they said all day today, back on overnight, and then off for a little while tomorrow too. So probably set the eggs Friday evening.

So I don't know if I'll get caught up today. You guys are a chatty bunch!

Aurora....I've never flown Southwest. However, I actually worked on the Denver airport. Not the passenger terminal, but most of the cargo buildings & aircraft maintenance facilities. I was part of the team that relacated everything from the old Stapleton out to the new airport.

I don't know if Southwest is using just one terminal or not. When changing planes, if your staying in the same terminal 55 minutes will be ok. If you have to change terminals, wear your running shoes!!

Loving the worming talk. I havent wormed my girls either. They all seem fat & happy. Even my old 7 year old SS who is still laying a few eggs a week. She's amazing!

Kathy.....and I thought I had worms!! Wow! My chickens scratch around for them. And of course have a field day after a rain! The turkeys will eat one if they notice one, but they prefer to graze on plants. Actually, my turkeys aren't as ambitious as the chickens when it comes to foraging. They prefer to follow me around sticking their beaks into everything I'm doing.
roll.png

Oh, yeah- also, 55 minutes is not much if your first flight gets delayed! So be prepared to hurry if that happens.

Worming... I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who rarely worms. For me it's just laziness. It's so hard to catch them all. So I just keep an eye on their poops and hope I don't have to deal with it. In 2.5 years of chicken owning, I have wormed twice. I also go by the motto of using the least medicine possible. I want stock that is "easy keepers". If their immune system can't handle stuff, then they may not live a very long lives...

Looks like SW uses C terminal exclusively. http://www.flydenver.com/maps but you could still be in for a hike...

Back
Top Bottom