A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I've wormed once in the last two years. I've noticed that the over the course of time I've became more inclined to let nature take it's course.

I have had chickens for three years now, and only wormed once, this past fall/winter when egg production dropped lower than even the low temps would accou t for. Took care of the mites at the same time, too! And i live on clay, TONS of worms. I'm not even close to being an "exlerienced" chicken keeper, but I don't fuss very much over my chickens and figure if the poop looks good, no worries. May add some acv and garlic to the water soon, though, have been seeing some runny poops.

As far as turkeys go, felt out the situation with DH last night, maybe next year for turkeys. He's got a surgery coming up and already pretty stressed out. But you guys won't kick me off just cause I don't have turkeys yet, will ya?
1f606.png

10Acre....hang with us...its an eclectic group!!

I will say....there is NOTHING more stress relieving than a lap turkey!

Aurora, its a good thing your staying in one terminal. But don't waste any time getting to your next gate. Denver and Atlanta are my least favorite airports due to their sprawling design. Always seems like a mile hike to the next gate.

Feedman...are you expecting any of the snow they are predicting? Was going to Ste. Genevieve this weekend but am taking a pass due to weather.

Feedman...are you expecting any of the snow they are predicting? Was going to Ste. Genevieve this weekend but am taking a pass due to weather.

Yes unfortunately I am. Think they said up to 3 inches worth.

Should have figured that though. As it's my weekend off.

My sympathizes Feedman. We are getting a "wintery mix". Which I'm taking as they have no idea what we are getting. Just hoping its not ice. Such weird weather.

New funny Swan story:

So she has been broody for over a week now. She has an imaginary nest under a boxwood next to our electrical box. No eggs, but she spends all day sitting there and each night I pick her up and lock her in the pen. (She hisses at me, but I figured out I can go into the bush from behind her and just lift her up.)

So since they are working on our electricity today, I kept all the poultry locked in their pens to not bother the workers. But Swan picked a fight with Friar Tuck, my Black Langshan rooster. Knowing she would just go to her nest and not bother anyone, I took her out of the pen. A little while later, I get a knock on the door from the power company. They need to get to the electrical box to disconnect us from the grid, but there is a turkey in their way...!

Ha ha! I bet she hissed at him, too, and scared him!

Now I have her locked in the hoop coop, which I've been clearing out in preparation for my 4 week old chicks. She's just going to have to be unhappy for the rest of the day. If I'm lucky, it will break her broodiness. Or maybe when she sees that they cut back her boxwood she will get upset and abandon it.

Oh, yeah- also, 55 minutes is not much if your first flight gets delayed!  So be prepared to hurry if that happens.

Worming...  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who rarely worms.  For me it's just laziness.  It's so hard to catch them all.  So I just keep an eye on their poops and hope I don't have to deal with it. In 2.5 years of chicken owning, I have wormed twice.  I also go by the motto of using the least medicine possible.  I want stock that is "easy keepers".  If their immune system can't handle stuff, then they may not live a very long lives...

Looks like SW uses C terminal exclusively.  http://www.flydenver.com/maps but you could still be in for a hike...

Yep, we just looked it up. That airport looks HUGE! This will definitely be an interesting trip

10Acre....hang with us...its an eclectic group!!

I will say....there is NOTHING more stress relieving than a lap turkey!

Aurora, its a good thing your staying in one terminal. But don't waste any time getting to your next gate. Denver and Atlanta are my least favorite airports due to their sprawling design. Always seems like a mile hike to the next gate.

We'll be rushing. We're going to try to get a seat as close to the front of the plane on our first flight as possible so we can get out faster. I think we're going to add early bird check in to help us with that.

Yes unfortunately I am. Think they said up to 3 inches worth.

Should have figured that though. As it's my weekend off.

We're supposedly to get 2-4 inches tonight into tomorrow morning. I'm so sick of snow and cold :/

Back
Top Bottom