A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Thank you.

Yup, you can just leave them in there until they all hatch. Although if I had some still not pipped after the rest were hatched and dried, I would normally take the dry chicks out and candle the unpipped eggs.
It's difficult to NOT open the door and peak in. I have to have discipline...
hide.gif

Thank you.

Yup, you can just leave them in there until they all hatch. Although if I had some still not pipped after the rest were hatched and dried, I would normally take the dry chicks out and candle the unpipped eggs.

It's difficult to NOT open the door and peak in.  I have to have discipline...  :oops:

Yeah, that's why I like my Incuview.

Of course, it wouldn't fit 60...

8 turkey babies have hatched. Still a few zipped.

Weather was rainy windy and. Cold.

Wild turkeys weren't cooperative this morning.

So the bird that was in the fridge from the weekend went to the smoker.

Slow smoked him for about 4.5 hours. Cooked up the rest of the fixings to go with him.

Turned out delicious. Now I'm fat happy and ready for a nap.

8 turkey babies have hatched. Still a few zipped.

Weather was rainy windy and. Cold.

Wild turkeys weren't cooperative this morning.

So the bird that was in the fridge from the weekend went to the smoker.

Slow smoked him for about 4.5 hours. Cooked up the rest of the fixings to go with him.

Turned out delicious. Now I'm fat happy and ready for a nap.

Did you smoke him whole or cut him in half?

I have a toad in the freezer to smoke soon, Trying to decide how.

Feedman, sounds delicious!

All three robins hatched. And no, its not triggering any latent desire to hatch/incubate on my part.

We are getting blown away again tonight. Storms & tornadoes....oh boy!!

Freaking TSC!! I stopped to grab some feed and left with 8 more barred rocks. Should finally wrap up the latest TA tomorrow. I could have went straight to another one in Montana but I need some time off. Have to pull the motor on my sons dodge,build MORE chicken pens,build turkey pens and lastly (sorry Ralph) build some duck pens.
The VERY FIRST THING, hopefully by friday will be to slaughter the 25 plus surplus roosters. I'm also going to process some of the midget white toms.
The roosters I'm REALLY looking forward to. The turkeys,not so much. :(

Back
Top Bottom