A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

The midgets are supposed to be selectively bred from RP's and BBW.
It probably (I use that word too much!)wouldn't hurt to have a BB around for the program..

my bbw tom dressed out at 24lbs in sept.. got a pair march 31 2016.. kept the sweet hen to breed w/my nari... they just tore her up even w/hen saddle.. she is broody now sitting on fake eggs, she breaks her eggs much less chicken eggs.. she walks like a sumo wrestler and I should process her.. but she is soooo sweet. :hit

HAM FOR EVERYONE!!
:lau :yuckyuck :lau
Got another turkey egg today. My wife would have a conniption if it ended up in the incubator..
and your waiting.....:pop

Naaaaa,I think I'm done hatching this year.
inconceiveable!!!

Its not so much the birds,I have some serious family health issues that are going to be taking up progressively more of my time and focus
:hugs very sorry to hear this, i hope it goes smoothly for you and your family :hugs

I wish I had the AI knowledge and skill set. Wonder if you could build a "Turkey Doll"?? I ask that in all seriousness.:confused:
there ar AI videos on youtube and i think they have been shared on BYC too, let me know if oyu want me to repost them, it actually looks very easy

Does anyone know where I can post some poults for sale?
BST and your state thread:
BST
State

my bbw tom dressed out at 24lbs in sept.. got a pair march 31 2016.. kept the sweet hen to breed w/my nari... they just tore her up even w/hen saddle.. she is broody now sitting on fake eggs, she breaks her eggs much less chicken eggs.. she walks like a sumo wrestler and I should process her.. but she is soooo sweet. :hit
:hugs good luck with her

i honestly dont know who was male/female just that my neighbor had the 2 colors thrown in together
In that case, you can't sex your poults by color. But after they get old enough to tell, then you can see if it would have been right.

Someone posted this picture on Facebook and I had to share it lol. I asked permission first of course!

View attachment 1067981
That is so cool! I have a dog stroller for my dachshunds. I think I've used it a total of three times. Maybe I should start using it for the turkeys!

On second thought, I don't want them to find out there is a whole world out there to explore. I already had to retrieve Swan once when she went walkabout and got taken to a wildlife rehab.

Aurora, how do you copy a photo from Facebook? I tried, and all I could get was a link.

I just save the picture. Right click it and save it if you're on the computer. If you're on a tablet or phone, just hold your finger on it until the menu comes up and either click save or download, whichever option is there.

Ralph you are somehow to blame..... I'm actually LOOKING and paying attention to the turkeys. This morning while closing up the final gaps in the new pen SURROUNDED by turkeys I noticed one of my NOT midgets has a solid BLACK feather. First the NOT RP'S now the NOT midgets. Where will it end??!!

Back
Top Bottom