A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

@memphis I'm slow on the uptake sometimes (I know Ralph will jump on that)... All of my turkeys are facing North, so I'm trying to find a predator or something... Turns out your post gave me the answer. When we get a breeze from the north its cool, from the south hot. Today we've been averaging a 2mph breeze alternating from north and south. My girls have only their heads visible above the grass. I learn something every day. :caf:clap

I would happily share some of my rain. Humidity wasn't so bad here today at 50%, but birds were all panting til I turned the sprinkler on. lol
It's been crazy hot here--but today was the first day without the humidity. 37% right now and 100 degrees. Feels way better than 85/85. Although the barometer is falling so that's not a good sign. JR might be sharing his weather again.:confused::confused::confused:

Grandson and I worked outside all day. Then the clouds began to pile up. Right now it's pretty dark out there and it's only 6:14pm on the east coast. Calling for thunderstorms the rest of the week which is just wonderful - NOT!!! My 10 x 20 loft barn shed is to be delivered Wednesday morning. Just watch it be a mudhole by then. (sigh)

Grandson and I worked outside all day. Then the clouds began to pile up. Right now it's pretty dark out there and it's only 6:14pm on the east coast. Calling for thunderstorms the rest of the week which is just wonderful - NOT!!! My 10 x 20 loft barn shed is to be delivered Wednesday morning. Just watch it be a mudhole by then. (sigh)
I feel you. I'm hoping I can get my trailer up the hill tomorrow, before it rains.:he:he:he

Just started pouring here about 15 minutes ago. Hubby and I were butchering all morning and it was beautiful out then. We're not done, still about 15 to go (19 total but I'm keeping a few pullets). I just realized that is supposed to keep storming over the next few days :/ We're borrowing a plucker from some friends but we can't keep it forever. Hopefully we have a few dry hours tomorrow.

Chick is still not looking better. Got thin cardboard on her feet to straighten them out. Seems to help her stand. But has no strength to walk. Drinking and eating some. Not as much as I would like to see. Biggest concern is the opening her mouth at every breath. Poo is normal also. The turkey poult is walking better. Not as stiff but still has slightly abnormal walk. Eating and drinking great. Acting normal. So think it's recovering fine. Not so much with the chick though. Losing hope quickly. But it still seems like it is wanting to move around just too weak. Gonna go get some salmon and that nutra stuff
Sometimes in spite of all the work and heart we put into it we lose them.

here she is we had 2 more hatch out since this one!

Attachments

• 20170710_174638_HDR.jpg
    20170710_174638_HDR.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom